• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hey Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Hey guys... I know I kinda dropped off the face of the planet after getting rejected last month. I suppose it's normal.

I wanted to say hi to everyone again. I've got a long, tough semester ahead of me here at CU. I'm in my 3rd to last semester as an undergrad in Chem E with an evil schedule:

1.) Chemical Engineering Materials
2.) Process Synthesis and Design
3.) Numerical Methods for Simulation
4.) Sr. Seminar
5.) Circuits for Non-Majors
6.) Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics

1-4 are for my major, 5 is a tech elective... after I screwed up the electronics questions on the ASTB, I figured I should learn about circuits!
dopey_125.gif
Then 6 is for my minor in Atmospheric Science (first year grad level class
graduate_125.gif
).

I figure if I can kick some ass this semester, and grab a good GPA, I can show the Pro Rec board that I'm serious about this pilot thing. I know I got the brains for this, I've just been stupid all this time in college, wandering aimlessly through classes
dunce_125.gif
. I just gotta prove to them that I'm serious about this.

So, here's to a great semester, and here's to all of you on this great forum looking to snag the opportunity of a lifetime. I'll keep lurking at least
shades_125.gif

~Nate

contrail_dash

Good luck there man! I'm kinda worried about sending in my next package because my grades faltered my last year. i missed about 3 weeks in the fall, and then i was in a cast almost the entire spring and wasn't able to write, had to dictate my upperlevel essay tests. Man talkabout having to know your stuff! Actually I'm surprised that I even passed that last semester!

Again good luck.

RobNLa

Nate,

Study hard man. Process design was one of the hardest classes that I have ever taken. You might think about auditing the circuits class. That way if things get ugly you can bail, and it will not look bad on your transcript. Don't give up man.

Rob

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Nate, are you in the NROTC program there at CU?
If not, go up there (gate 6 of folsom stadium) and talk with the recruiting LT about your situation. He might be able to help you out a bit and give you tips. He is a good guy
Good Luck

holidayrhodes

Nate make sure you go up to the NROTC unit and talk with Lt. Honneman. He's a prowler guy (now our recruiting officer) that helps out anybody that has problems with that sort of thing and hes a real approachable guy. I graduated last may and got commissioned (SNA) from the CU NROTC unit so I feel your pain when it comes to dealing with the engineering school there. And oh yeah, makes sure you try to get Prof. Toohey for Atomospheric Phys. cause hes really relaxed about grades (i.e. will give an A if you try hard and don't get the best grades). Other than that good luck

DairyCreamer

Thanks the the advice guys. I'll go talk to the NROTC guys on Monday.

Rob - Yah, process is looking kind of interesting. I like Weimer though. Plus, I gotta stick with it, of course, but, at least it's a lot of computer simulation. I like HYSYS a lot, so, I may do alright in it. As for circuits, my professor is great, and it is a lot of pretty much pure logic, so, it's not going too bad so far. I figure itt'l give me a heads up on my process control class next semester anyway, where we'll have to work on circuits.
glasses_125.gif

bch - Not in NROTC, I'm plannin on the OCS route (if they take me). Are the ROTC guys as connected to the system as the recruiting office when it comes to the OCS route?

Holiday - Funny you should mention Prof Toohey. I took Air Chem. and Pollution from him a year ago. Just about the easiest A I ever got ;) But, not only that, I did research with him for 4 months earlier this year. Atmospheric Physics isn't offered this semester, though, I'll probably end up taking it next semester. I'll need to take one more upper division class next semester to complete the ATOC minor, and trust me, if Toohey is teaching something that fits in the schedule, I'm there :)

Now I just hope the recruiting officer doesn't laugh me out of the office when I talk to him. There's gotta be something that can be done...

Thanks again guys!

~Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.