• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzieBear

I was offered a slot in a November class for OCS/Aviation back in June. However, I had some difficult family circumstances at the time so I did not sign the contract. It is now mid-October and my family situation has stabilized. Back in June, my recruiter told me that if I gave up my slot, that I would never be able to get another one. Although, I don't think I officially declined the slot, I still did not sign the contract back in June. I suspect that my slot might have been given away.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Were you able to get another OCS slot? I am ready and willing to sign the contract now with my heart and soul but I'm afraid that I might not be given this second chance. Anyone have any advice or similar experiences? Please help. Thanks.

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I'm not real sure about the specific logistics with your particular application process, but I know your recruiter will be the first source of information. While you may not have personally stated your declination of the offer, your recruiter probably had to submit something to the board that said you weren't interested. If that's the case, your options may be limited because they usually look down on those who decline offers but request them again in the future.

But, like I said, your particular circumstances may be different. Your best source for information would definitely be your recruiter. Or, if you fear that your recruiter may not be pleased with you or may not want to help again, go to another. The best thing to do would be to talk with one of them and find out what your options are now.

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.