• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
EA6Bflyr,
I wanted to send you a PM but i figured everyone here can benefit. I am about 3-4 weeks from selecting in VT-86. I have two choices, Prowler and Hornet. I've always wanted Hornets, but lately i have switched over to Prowlers. Would you be able to give me a couple reasons why i should go Prowlers? Why do you like it? Whats the best and worst things about being an ECMO? Thanks for any help sir, I appreciate it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pat1USMC,
Hopefully ea6bflyer will provide some input here. I didn't fly the EA6B or F-18D. I was a S-3 Viking NFO. With that disclaimer, I can say that the money (funding), the future, is in EW, or as it's called now, Information Warfare. Nothing happens in the battle space without IW support. It is absolutly essential to any operation. The E-2s and EA6Bs are the most critial elements in modern airwarfare. You can have 100 fighters, but they aren't going downtown until the EA6Bs and E-2s have the big picture and the Prowlers have made initial attacks, hard and soft, on air defenses. The F-18D will be fun no doubt. The FastFac mission saves Marines lives and the -D squadrons are good at it. Hard choice. Hope you can talk to some Prowler guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.