• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

help..

wannabeusmc

I have some questions that I need help answering. 1: I'm 27 wanting to join the corps as an officer. I finsh my degree this november but will be 28 in January 06! Will I be too old to join?/What is the age cut off? 2: I have a career as a firefighter and can take a leave of absence for one year. I know that I may have to leave my job but would like to keep it....any chance the corps could put me into the reserves then activate me whenever necessary? Just trying to figure things out. Any help is appreciated.

phrogpilot73

wannabeusmc said:
I have some questions that I need help answering. 1: I'm 27 wanting to join the corps as an officer. I finsh my degree this november but will be 28 in January 06! Will I be too old to join?/What is the age cut off? 2: I have a career as a firefighter and can take a leave of absence for one year. I know that I may have to leave my job but would like to keep it....any chance the corps could put me into the reserves then activate me whenever necessary? Just trying to figure things out. Any help is appreciated.
I'm going to answer your second question first. No. The only way you can go straight to the reserves is by enlisting. The question is, do you want to be an officer, or a Marine? If you just want to be a Marine, talk to a recruiter about enlisting as a reservist. If you want to be an officer, you will have to go on active duty for at least 3 years (I think... I'm a pilot, so our committments are different). As for the age cutoff, I don't know at this point, but there's always a waiver! Plenty of threads on that...

riley

In my OCC 187 class (Fall 2004) there were several candidates that were 34. I was commissioned 16 days before my 26th birthday and I was one of the younger candidates in my class.