• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with engraving wings...

oceanview

Hey,
I bought my husband 14k gold wings for Christmas. He is finishing his fleet tour and heading to Test Pilot School in a few weeks. So it is a joint "congrats you are done with sea tour" and "merry christmas" gift :).

I was wondering what you would think a good thing to engrave on the back would be. They are designed to have a very flat surface on the back for engraving.

I thought perhaps his initials and the date he was winged. Anything else? Call signs come and go so I don't want to do that.

ANY ideas, bible verses (we are religious), traditional things, creative ideas would be much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hey,
I bought my husband 14k gold wings for Christmas. He is finishing his fleet tour and heading to Test Pilot School in a few weeks. So it is a joint "congrats you are done with sea tour" and "merry christmas" gift :).

I was wondering what you would think a good thing to engrave on the back would be. They are designed to have a very flat surface on the back for engraving.

I thought perhaps his initials and the date he was winged. Anything else? Call signs come and go so I don't want to do that.

ANY ideas, bible verses (we are religious), traditional things, creative ideas would be much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!
"I am the wind beneath your wings-Love oceanview" :D

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Hey,

Happy Holidays!

"To fly is human, to hover, divine."

No really: Mine has my date and my Helo Naval Aviator Number.

oceanview

I like the fly form idea... ;)

I didn't know they had winging numbers.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like I am going to be going with boring tradition. Initials, winging date, and "Love, Me".

MasterBates

My birthday is 13 JAN.. The Navy has seen fit for the follwing events on that date:

2002-Helo Dunker
2003-RI-17X (worst flight in all of flight school, with the brief from hell)
2004-Get underway for Week One Work Ups. 5 weeks of them
2005-TAD in a dry county in KY for a Court Martial
2006-NATOPS Check
2007-kicked out of my BOQ room so and E3 on the USAF soccer team can stay there. Because the 200' from the BEQ is too far to walk for team meetings.

I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!! :D