• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help my sisters family

murph

Hi all
This is kind of a weird first post, but there's nothing I can do about that, so here it goes I've actually been a member of this site since 2009, but since I had nothing to contribute, I kept my yap shut. Back in the late 80s I was in NROTC at CU Boulder, but I got the NAMI WHAMMI early, and left the program at the end of my freshman year. I spent 5 years as a Denver cop, and I've been a Denver firefighter since then. I'm currently a lieutenant on engine 10 in northeast denver. My family has been hit with a crap load of tragedy in the past few weeks. On oct 26, my son who had been honorably discharged from the Air Force due to a diagnosis of schizophrenia shot and killed his wife, and then himself , in their home in Castle Rock, CO. We all managed to get through that. But last Sunday, my 40 year old sister died unexpectadly in her home from apparent natural causes, but I honestly believe my sons death contributed to it. I've been following this site, and you guys for the longest time. All I ever wanted to do was fly pointy nosed things off a boat, but those days are done and gone. All I can ask is that from someone who wanted to be a part of this brotherhood more than anything you could imagine, that you take care of my sisters family. I suck at the interwebs, but this is what I know. Devotion site.

Juliacolvinmemorialfund.mydagsite.com

Facebook page Julia Colvin memorial

Thanks in advance for anything anyone does thx. H

murph

Thanks for your service as an officer and firefighter. Very sorry for your loss.
Thanks. Appreciate the sentiment. But I think everyone here knows that doing a job you love isn't really service or sacrifice. That's just a by product and even if no one ever thanked you, you'd do the exact same thing anyway. Again, if a few guys could please visit my sisters site, I'd appreciate it. And no, this is in no way skeeterman 2 ;)

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Done.

Stay safe out there.

Collin
Former Cincinnati Police