• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

Are there usually alot of openings for helos or is it very competitive to get the one you want? i know alot of people want fixed wing.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Its generally the easiest platform to get because around 50% of airframes are helos, and they have 2 pilots each.

The Wiz

I suppose the competion in the helo group depends on what helo you want? anyone know the most popular helo?

klostman

the happy dance!
I would think the cobra. Speakin' of helo's, what would the V-22 osprey fall under? What pipeline would it be catigorized as?

Rainman

pilot
Right but back a couple of years before the two *big* crashes it was to be a selection bird out of the HT squadrons.

megrey06

Kingsville
To continue the helo thread...Do the Marines (ie. Force Recon) have a helo unit similar to the 160th SOAR that flies the Army Spec Ops (Delta, etc.) around?

Just curious if Force uses internal aircraft, external aircraft or both?

-Matt

jmantel02

I'm thinking of lateral transfering from the Navy to the Marine Corps if I end up getting assigned helos at the end of primary. I know that the helo career path does not always bode well for a long-term career in the Navy, and I have also heard that some of the USMC guys at CNTRA recruit navy guys to do this. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Rainman

pilot
jarhead, that's strange. . i was looking at a document at VT3 that was a year or two old that shows the Osprey as a Rotary selection. Which makes sense since it really couldn't be a jet or Herc pipe. ..Guess it's all moot for now. Out of curiosity, what were the NSS scores for you and your compadres out of primary?

ghost_ttu

He did, I heard he gets turned down due to the fact that he won't shut up afterwards and wants to cuddle.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.