• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo career info

Griz882

pilot
I'm getting out of the Army at 9 years and 1,700 purely rotary hours and the only companies interested in my resume are flying jets!

There are helicopter jobs but they require a willingness to do a ridiculous commute, work a crazy schedule or live in the middle of nowhere. My application is in with the airlines.
Good luck. You might do better flying for Uncle Sam with USCBP. There is a conversation about working for them in another section here in AW. GS-11 to GS-13 in three years will likely beat any regional pay scheme.

samb

We're moving home to be close to family. It really limits my options but the bright side is that my wife has a career so we're not as financially tied down as some folks. I've heard the CBP pitch and it just doesn't fit with my priorities. I'll walk away from flying professionally and use GI Bill to learn something else if I have to. Additionally, I have a pot of money to use for my fixed wing ratings so I won't be tied down by an RTP if I don't have to be. It's really not a bad position to be in.

Griz882

pilot
We're moving home to be close to family. It really limits my options but the bright side is that my wife has a career so we're not as financially tied down as some folks. I've heard the CBP pitch and it just doesn't fit with my priorities. I'll walk away from flying professionally and use GI Bill to learn something else if I have to. Additionally, I have a pot of money to use for my fixed wing ratings so I won't be tied down by an RTP if I don't have to be. It's really not a bad position to be in.
Well said. You know what is best for you and your family.