• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo billets at every NAS?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Granted, they have a presence in C5F. Not sure I'd call the Carribbean or EASTPAC "overseas."

Noted. You're right. After four deployments to the AOR, I forgot how we were able to go home at the end of the day and sleep in our own beds. Oh, that's right, that never happened.

For the record, I wouldn't classify the Black Sea a "hot spot" right now. A necessary patrol area? Absolutely, along with all the other places we hang out.

You're statement "the CG is in all the same hot spots the Navy is," while loosely accurate, is misleading as it suggests CG officers will routinely deploy to the same areas we do.

Given our last 13 years of focused operations, I'd disagree. The main places we've been routinely occupying are HOA, Gulf, and SouthPac. The CG has been operating in those same areas with us.

azguy

None
For the record, I wouldn't classify the Black Sea a "hot spot" right now.

Thanks for your input, I can tell you're up to speed on the situation... We'll agree to disagree here.

The main places we've been routinely occupying are HOA, Gulf, and SouthPac. The CG has been operating in those same areas with us.

Gotcha. Again, you're not completely totally wrong. Take a look at a GFM and COCOM blue force laydown map. This isn't rocket science dude. All of our assets go overseas. Much fewer of their do. Get it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gotcha. Again, you're not completely totally wrong. Take a look at a GFM and COCOM blue force laydown map. This isn't rocket science dude. All of our assets go overseas. Much fewer of their do. Get it?

You're right, it's not rocket science. Your quote:

You'll probably never leave the US,

For a helo guy, this is not true. Hell, for a C-130 guy, it isn't true. And then to say that some people are less deployed than others because they're in a different hemisphere? QOL may vary, but the same could be said for Navy vs. Army. At the end of the day, everyone is away from their families.

The original intent of my first post is that you're passing bad gouge. No one is saying there are more CG than Navy. So of course we're in more places. My point from the beginning is that saying the CG doesn't deploy is neither fair nor accurate.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is even an orange helo flying off the back of a foreign ship for a couple weeks right now, good gig if you can get it.