• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello, and a question

FastMover

NFO
None
Question: My recruiter is having me fill out SF-86 and other documents BEFORE pro-rec. My application has not gone in yet, and he is saying I need to have everything together including MEPS and PRT scores before he can send it. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

My recruiter had me do all of that stuff before I sent in my application as well. It's been SOP for a few months now, although from what I've read here not all recruiters have been doing it that way. However, it shouldn't be that big of a deal and will hopefully decrease the amount of time between the pro-rec and the final select.

eagleeye005

Pro Rec'd SNA
You don't have to complete your sf86 or go to MEPS before being pro rec'd, but if you do end up getting pro rec'd it will make the final select go quicker and smoother. i finished up my SF 86 before being pro rec'd and did MEPS after. However, my offical background investigation interview did not happen till after i was pro rec'd. it just makes things easier for final select if you get all that stuff done early. also, you are requried to get waivers for any tatoo or brand. just part of the process.

Hang in there during your trip to MEPS, its a pain in the ass.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Just to add to the pile, my recruiter also had me do my security questionnaire before pro-rec. You will have to do it anyway so it makes sense to get it done while you fill out all the rest of the application forms.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
You have to do another PRT 2 weeks before OCS? Is that new?

I did my PRT, MEPS, and SF-86 prior to my second submission. The first time I just had to do SF-86.

Note that even if you already have a clearance they still require the SF-86 to meet the requirement, but they'll just pull over your existing clearance.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You have to do another PRT 2 weeks before OCS? Is that new?
me said:
As far as the PRT, my recruiter said that they got a class where something like 35/50 applicants failed the in-PRT, so there's a new policy. You need to take it before the package gets submitted and within 2 weeks of leaving for OCS.
Yes

ames

I leave for OCS March 1. My recruiter said the second PRT had to be taken within 30 days of your class date. Mine will be 30 days exactly. You will have to get good-low again in all categories, just like the first time you took it. Your recruiter can fail you too and push back your date...mine has done it before. Good luck! It's reason to keep up the hard work.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about the 2nd PRT, since the whole time between package submission and potential OCS, I'll be training.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Hang in there during your trip to MEPS, its a pain in the ass.

If your worried about how hard the MEPS process is.. you give up now... I see the OCS guys everydad.. It's no
cakewalk...

OC formerly known as EM1(SW)NUKE