• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gromit659

Hi everyone,
I’m new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. I was enlisted in the Navy got out as an E4 to peruse my degree full time. Now that I am getting close to completing it I have been talking with my officer recruiter to go NFO. I have a little aviation knowledge from working in my P3 squadron VP-5 in NAS Jax. Took the ASTB and now just awaiting my results. Just wanted to say thanks for all the useful info and hope to get some more.

Also I was just wondering if bieng prior service with good evals and a NAM and EAWS gives me a leg up in the officer selection process?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not really, in fact your enlisted records probably won't even be considered.

Brett

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
gromit659 said:
Also I was just wondering if bieng prior service with good evals and a NAM and EAWS gives me a leg up in the officer selection process?

gromit,

For all intents and purposes, you are coming in "off the streets", or a civilian. I did the same thing, served 5 years, got out, then applied for OCS. When you have a break in service, that really takes your prior enlisted service record out of the equation. At this point, the only thing that really matters about your prior time is that you were honorably discharged. By all means, throw your NAM and other awards in your package as well. The best thing you can do for your package is contact your old CO/XO and tell them what you are doing and ask them for letters of recommendation. Any officer letters will be great for your package, but O-5 and above are money. Hope that helps. Good luck.

-Ken

gromit659

Ok so I just got my ASTB scores.
The official test results are:
Academic Qualification Rating(AQR): 3
Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating(PFAR): 4
Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating(FOFAR): 3​
Officer Aptitude Rating(OAR): 37

Not sure if any good. Should I retest?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok so I just got my ASTB scores.
The official test results are:
Academic Qualification Rating(AQR): 3
Pilot Flight Aptitude Rating(PFAR): 4
Flight Officer Flight Aptitude Rating(FOFAR): 3​
Officer Aptitude Rating(OAR): 37

Not sure if any good. Should I retest?

We have an ASTB thread where we do this sort of thing. Press here.

Status
Not open for further replies.