• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Heller Ruling Commemorative AK-47

Zissou

Banned
P6050144.jpg

Zissou

Banned
Built for me by Jim Fuller at rifledynamics in Las Vegas. Romanian AKM. The wood was sanded, stained, and treated. Jim builds the best AK's in America.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice. I just sent in the paperwork for a CMP Service Grade M1 in celebration. Just checked out their site; I presume they build a rifle with parts you supply?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why is there an M-16 style flash suppressor on that barrel? It looks goofy.

Zissou

Banned
FlyNavy,

Its a requirement to be compliant with a silly gun law, and I agree that its ugly. Specifically the 1990 Imported Parts Law 178.39 922(r)

Zissou

Banned
Nice. I just sent in the paperwork for a CMP Service Grade M1 in celebration. Just checked out their site; I presume they build a rifle with parts you supply?

Have you considered having Andy of Fallon work on it once you get it?

Yes, rifledynamics builds kits you provide or they can source them for you. They are building four PKM's for a coworker of mine.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you considered having Andy of Fallon work on it once you get it?
Name doesn't ring a bell. I assume he's a very good gunsmith who lives in those environs? First I'll clean it up and see how it shoots and then decide if I want to accurize it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Built for me by Jim Fuller at rifledynamics in Las Vegas. Romanian AKM, unfired, matching parts....
I have a 2001/2002 Romanian SAR-1 -- unfired, etc. Don't know why I ever bought it -- mebbe just 'cause the price was right?? Cheap ammo?? Availability of replacement parts? Just 'cause I like the sound of a 7.62x39 ?? Anyway ... I haven't put round #1 downrange as of yet. What I have, in effect, is a pretty good AK clone true to the original. They're not imported anymore in any case.

What can "Jim" do for me?? I looked at the website link you provided and it looks as if they will accept owner rifles to work on -- but the only thing I don't like about mine is the dark wood and the lack of a flash supressor. Except for accessories and wood refinishing, what can they do to a new rifle?? Tune-up?? PM me if it's easier, thanks in advance.

I wish I had a folder -- used to have a Norinco under folder/bottom folder purchased when they were first imported. I sold it -- wish I hadn't -- cry me a river.

Jim Fuller

I have a 2001/2002 Romanian SAR-1 -- unfired, etc. Don't know why I ever bought it -- mebbe just 'cause the price was right?? Cheap ammo?? Availability of replacement parts? Just 'cause I like the sound of a 7.62x39 ?? Anyway ... I haven't put round #1 downrange as of yet. What I have, in effect, is a pretty good AK clone true to the original. They're not imported anymore in any case.

What can "Jim" do for me?? I looked at the website link you provided and it looks as if they will accept owner rifles to work on -- but the only thing I don't like about mine is the dark wood and the lack of a flash supressor. Except for accessories and wood refinishing, what can they do to a new rifle?? Tune-up?? PM me if it's easier, thanks in advance.

I wish I had a folder -- used to have a Norinco under folder/bottom folder purchased when they were first imported. I sold it -- wish I hadn't -- cry me a river.

Sir
Zissou asked me to chime in here regarding my services.
We are a complete operation for building or restoring AK's. We can build you one from scratch or upgrade your existing rifle. The issues you requested can be handled easily on your SAR.
For more info you can contact me at 702-860-7774
Thanks for your interest in my work.
Jim Fuller
Rifle Dynamics
07FFL/SOT

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Sir
Zissou asked me to chime in here regarding my services.
We are a complete operation for building or restoring AK's. We can build you one from scratch or upgrade your existing rifle. The issues you requested can be handled easily on your SAR.
For more info you can contact me at 702-860-7774
Thanks for your interest in my work.
Jim Fuller
Rifle Dynamics
07FFL/SOT

I would simply give this guy business just for getting on a forum that has nothing to do with him and offering helpful advice. I come from an entrepenuer family.

+1 for being a go-getter :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyNavy,

Its a requirement to be compliant with a silly gun law, and I agree that its ugly. Specifically the 1990 Imported Parts Law 178.39 922(r)

Ahh yes, that abortion of a law. Gotcha. I still would have found a US made AK flash suppressor ;) Nice wood on that AK though, looks pretty.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Are those #11 or #10 sized nipples? Sorry, blackpowder shooter joke.... I'll go choke myself now.