• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helicopter Pilot Jobs in China

rotorjockey

I'm seeing a bit of chatter about the demand for helo pilot jobs in China to be greater than the need for Comair pilots over there. Comair pilots are looking at base pay of 15k/month, plus bonuses and housing, food prepared and transport to/from work.

Is anyone currently working a contract there or currently looking? I have found contract options from 1-3 years and possible rotations.

I'd like to know what the pay range is and benefits, depending one which hiring agency you go through. Also, which agencies are legit.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If they are anything like the expat jobs fixed wing airline guys get they may not be a bad deal. Like anything else, have to shop around. Most airline contracts allow commuting to work, some don't. Some provide housing, others an allowance and some nothing. The employment agencies vary quite a bit too. My brother in law had quite a bit of experience as an expat contract airline pilot. Experiences ranged from very good to debilitating enternal politics to thousands in unpaid salary. Good news is the expat pilot community is pretty tight. Once into that world it gets much easier to navigate and avoid the bad deals.

Renegade One

None
Yeah, I hear most of the rubber dog shit coming out of Hong Kong these days goes by rotary wing ever since Kai Tak closed FW ops.