• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Heat Case history waiver

MangoPhD1016

Hi everyone, longtime lurker of this website. Recently finished my up-chit follow up with the flight surgeon here in Pensacola and he said that I'm gonna have to start the waiver process for my history of heat cases.

A little background, I am a marine SNA and experienced heat exhaustion twice. Once during PLC seniors at OCS and once during TBS. Both times happened during the hottest days of summer Quantico while we were hiking during range week (TBS) or from an event. On top of this, my health record showed that rhabdomyolysis was also diagnosed in relation to these heat cases. My internal temps never reached above 104 so I don't believe this is considered a heat stroke. I've since proven that I'm fine, still hitting that first class pft/cft and had to pass that 15 mile hike graduation requirement at TBS with no need to remediate.

Just wanted to get some gouge from previous cases like this with other aviators if they've been able to get the waiver for this and maybe put my mind at ease. My first flight physical before TBS went fine with no need for waiver for the first instance of my heat case, but I suppose the second time makes it questionable. I figured I'm not the first Marine to come with a heat case history and I wouldn't be the last either.

MangoPhD1016

I also forgot to mention that there was a lead up to heat casing both times. The first time I must have caught something and had diarrhea for a week before getting heat exhaustion. The second time was just not eating enough to keep up with the calories we were burning at range week.