• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Heartburn/Indigestion enough to be sent home from OCS?

AnonymousGuy

None
I was recently prescribed Nexium (after finishing MEPS) because I have been getting some heartburn/indigestion. Is this something serious enough to be medically discharged and sent home from OCS? If I ask for Nexium, will they give it to me..or will they just say I'm not fit for duty?

As a side note...I know that everyone recommends bring a prescription of 800mg Motrin to OCS. However, what reason does one give as to why they are are bringing? What's an acceptable reason?

Thanks everyone! Shipping out on Sunday for OCS:)

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Seriously man, you're asking the wrong people on here about the wrong stuff. For medical concerns, you NEED to be calling OCS not inquiring on AW. Have you done that or at least tried? No one on here OTHER THAN the flight docs who do post on here are going to give you information. Also, I would probably assume that most of us haven't been in that situation when (those of us who went to OCS) we were there, so we have no insight on it.

I never heard anyone recommend bringing prescription anything, unless it was an actual perscription that you needed to have there. If you NEED IT, then bring the prescription. You can get 800mg motrin/tylenol from medical whenever you have something wrong. If you need it, then go get some. I guarantee an entire bottle will last you the entire time there. I still have some of mine left and I finished in April.

We aren't the ones you need to be asking these questions to....when you get down to Pcola, are you going to ask the stash ensign at flight management about anthro requirements or how to study for API? No....so don't do that here....not harping on you, but thats how you (possibly) end up getting the wrong information/gouge and hurting yourself more.

Good luck at OCS. I have some friends who are candios for your incoming class....i'll be sure to tell them to keep an eye out for you ;)

UF_ME

JCUSN - I am in a similar situation, taking Nexium, but have not gotten nearly as far as you have in the OCS process. I would really be interested in hearing how the Nexium thing works for you at OCS. You can PM me if you want. Best of luck to you at OCS.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
You probably should tell your recruiter about this and not us.. because a lot of people will tell you, meps makes a big deal when being diagnosed with heartburn (acid reflux).. Thats something you would have to update your medical records about. Usually before you ship out they will ask you if any of your medical has changed. Well I guess in your case it has.. You can play it by ear but this is one of those things to call your recruiter on his cell phone about on a Saturday while hes relaxing at home off work.. Seeing how you leave Sunday.