• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Heart Murmur

voghtt

I've seen the other threads related to heart murmurs, but my question is a bit different, so I have started this new one.

I have gone through the entire selection/recruiting process, and am simply waiting on a Final Select which is being delayed to wait for a possible waiver on a heart murmur. I have seen several people mention various tests and other examinations they have had done to receive the waiver. My question is will getting various tests done by civilian doctors improve my chances of getting a waiver (assuming of course the results are what I would hope for)? Also, does anybody know what specific tests would be beneficial (I only know of the stress test)? Thanks

voghtt

Also, BP and all other rates are very healthy, however, my local MEPS is not recommending the waiver... Bastards.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Here is a link to the caridology sectoin of the NOMI waiver guide. Take it to your doc (cardiologist) as it might help him determine the wording for his report.

Yes to your first question...I don't know to the other.