• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hearing Waiver

kj2008

About a month ago my flight physical came back from NAMI stating that my hearing waiver (mild loss in left ear at 2000Hz only, 40dB) came back as approved for NFO, however, it said nothing about SNA. We sent the flight physical back for clarification. I just got word from my OSO (Marine Corps) that my flight physical came back again with the same approval for NFO but the hearing waiver was denied for SNA. Can anyone make legitimate sense of this considering the fact that the hearing standards are exactly the same for NFO and SNA? Is there someone I can call to dispute this or get it reevaluated by another flight surgeon? Thanks.

Bevo16

pilot
That's pretty stupid. If you can turn the ICS up in the back seat, you should be able to do the same in the front.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Huh? What did you say? I couldn't hear you.

I have a great idea...you can go SWO!!! :icon_smil

kj2008

haha...I'm sorry, did you read the post or does the Marine Corps have a SWO MOS that I'm not familiar with.

But anyways...if anyone can shed some light on this with a small bit of seriousness, I would greatly appreciate it (not that i don't enjoy the commentary).

SWCS242

SWO in-training
haha...I'm sorry, did you read the post or does the Marine Corps have a SWO MOS that I'm not familiar with.

But anyways...if anyone can shed some light on this with a small bit of seriousness, I would greatly appreciate it (not that i don't enjoy the commentary).

You're not a Marine yet...there is still hope for you.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Actually I am already a Marine, but thanks for the invite to the SWO community.

You're welcome!!

Good luck by the way, from what I have seen at OCS, waivers are very common. I saw a guy get an asthma and eyesight waiver, so just be persistent. Persistence pays off!