• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Headsets

Python

pilot
Contributor
I was wondering what you guys could pass as far as recommendations for headsets in THE SHOW. I have a Bose A20 that ive used in GA. I love it, but I want to make sure that it’s compatible in the airline world....or if I need to explore other options. Thanks.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I was wondering what you guys could pass as far as recommendations for headsets in THE SHOW. I have a Bose A20 that ive used in GA. I love it, but I want to make sure that it’s compatible in the airline world....or if I need to explore other options. Thanks.
A20 is what I use (737) and I like it. Probably not necessary if you wind up in a quieter plane, but I definitely wouldn’t go shopping until you know what you’re flying.

Python

pilot
Contributor
A20 is what I use (737) and I like it. Probably not necessary if you wind up in a quieter plane, but I definitely wouldn’t go shopping until you know what you’re flying.

I’ll be flying the 737. That’s good to hear. Thanks.

HuggyU2

None
The A20 is the way to go, assuming you're happy with it now.
I have and use the older Bose X on every airline flight I fly. It is very good. I've worn the A20. It is better. I will buy an A20 as my next headset.

I flew the 737 for 2.5 years. I enjoyed it... and the fact it had an intercom system. I recommend you use it. Along with your A20, it will save your hearing.

I now fly the 757/767. 99% of the pilots say it is God's gift to the airline pilot. I'm in the 1%. Two of the many detractors for me are the lack of intercom and the very noisy cockpit. I use my Bose all of the time. I find that there are noise levels where having the headset on with the ANR active is actually better than using the cockpit speaker with the headset off.

Not all agree with me, but that's fine. I'm an odd duck. But a good ANR headset will reduce fatigue on a 5-6 hour transcon / trans-Pac.

Bottom line: your A20 is perfect for airline use.

Edit: unlike the military, the airlines will not give you any "disability" or "compensation" for hearing loss. So don't lose what you show up with.

Last edited:

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
A20 w/ Bluetooth. I’ve seen one guy use the Bose proflights and quite a few with David Clarks. I have my doubts about the proflight’s durability.

Hope you got the bluetooths. When there’s a dial tone sitting in the left seat, it’s nice to be able to jam out.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Nothing beats old school style...

Just kidding. I fly very a very noisy little airplane and the Bose A20 both saves my hearing and is comfortable on long flights.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Does anyone get a hot spot at the hinge point on the A20s? I wore a pair a couple of weeks ago for a 45 minute flight each way in a co-worker's plane to drop some paperwork off and I would get that hot spot after about 25 minutes or so. I suppose it was a little more comfortable otherwise, and certainly quieter, but didn't have an overwhelming need to get a set to replace my old-school DC 13.4 after the experience.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
A20 w/ Bluetooth. I’ve seen one guy use the Bose proflights and quite a few with David Clarks. I have my doubts about the proflight’s durability.

Hope you got the bluetooths. When there’s a dial tone sitting in the left seat, it’s nice to be able to jam out.

huh?