• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

heads up

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Wow....this is sounding romantic....

Well, would YOU be able to say no?

eric-cartman-240.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We floated this proposal up to make the PRT last fall be Navy Fitness Day. IT was gonna start wit hthe PRT, then basically be a big bash the rest of the day.

In the name of fitness, of course.

We were gonna have a local metal band play during the run (and after), get Hooters to cater it with wings and beer, and bring some of their wait staff.

The PRT guy was all over it. He had all the prices and logistics worked out and was ready to go.

The front office? Not so much.
My first tour when the PRT was never taken seriously but viewed as just one more check in the box prior to deployment, we used to do this type of thing.

Keg at the finish line with the grill 10 feet beyond. Many of us actually ran with a beer in each hand.

Oh...and everyone passed whether they even took the prt or not. I mean, why should the guys manning the kegs & grill be penalized?

One year we took the prt with another squadron. Their best guy against our best guy. The winner's squadron all passed, the loser's actually had to take the friggin thing. We had a NCAA record setting distance runner as our guy......we had a great time throwing shit at the other squadron as they ran by....

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I don't smoke, but I made it a point after the last PRT to light up a cigar. Oh, and since it just happened to be a No Fly Friday, we started drinking at 0930. Cheers to pt!

S.O.B.

pilot
While I was a stud in the HTs we ran a PRT with the coordinator, some 30 IPS and maybe another 30 studs :ran three laps and multiplied the time by 2, 1 minute of push-ups X 2, 1 minute of sit-ups X2........ The sit and reach was completely legit.

peachesnel

My little ensign brain looks at the PRT like this: put the damn check in the box and don't attract unwanted attention. My life will not be endangered if I run a 12:00 min mile instead of an 11:00. Until that changes... I'll be running at a comfy pace that gets me where I need to go and keeps the man off my back.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
The hammer came down today. All hands PT M/W/F at 0645 with the aircrew hold guys and gals. All who were previously exempt (due to scoring outstanding or higher on the last PRT) are no longer off the hook. Hooyah.

Junior

pilot
The hammer came down today. All hands PT M/W/F at 0645 with the aircrew hold guys and gals. All who were previously exempt (due to scoring outstanding or higher on the last PRT) are no longer off the hook. Hooyah.
Word to the wise: You are an officer now. Don't be a jackass in front of the aircrew or make wisecracks within earshot. Take the bad deal like a man (not a sexist statement, you know what I mean).

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
A few observations:

1. Go ahead and show up to FAM-1 in July at any of the CNATRA bases while being out of shape. Your performance in the aircraft will suffer dramatically if you're out of shape. Multiply that by a factor of 10 during dynamic phases of training (ACM, Weps, CQ, etc). Fast forward that to the fleet - try being a slug while sitting on deck in the Gulf waiting for the thumbs up from your trouble shooters before a six-seven hour mission. Being in good shape is good for your airmanship.

2. Being in good shape has a direct impact on the quality of sleep you get each night.

3. Tomorrow is the most popular day to start a work out routine. Tomorrow you will end up getting double scheduled. Cruise is the second most popular time to start a work out routine. In reality, if you're not already in the habit of working out (and willing to make time for it on the boat) when you start cruise, its unlikely you're gonna start on cruise.

4. When the civilian world sees you in uniform (whether its your too snug whites or a flight suit), you're representing everyone else in the military. The guy at the gas station will assume everyone else looks like you.

5. When you get to your fleet squadrons you will have a much greater impact on junior Sailors than you may now realize. They will walk like you, talk like you and dress like you. I'm not a PT nazi or a uniform nazi, but it is very very important for you as an officer and leader to be beyond reproach. Does this mean a zero defect mentality? No, but you ought to be shooting for that.

my two cents after spending nearly a month TAD at Safety School and seeing API studs every day.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Why is it such a horrible thing to be PTing three days a week? Gonna rant for a second, so everyone who doesn't wanna hear it can go ahead and stop here. :D

It is not that hard to follow a direction. If the PTO tells you not to talk, or to sound off louder, or to say 'A-pool' or whatever when you do a pushup, just do it and do it quietly. Chiefs train their enlisted sailors to follow directions quickly, so why should we not hold ourselves to the same (or higher) standard? It's an embarrassment to everyone else when you start laughing or chatting up your buddy, and believe me there were people who were plenty embarrassed on our behalf from outside the A-pool.

I'm not gonna knock people who can't PT long as they try hard, but for those cool guys who think they don't have to participate because they're better than everyone else, at least act like your IQ is bigger than your waist size when you're in the block.

/rant

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
We will see tomorrow, A-pool's first day of PT with the aircrew..

Hopefully, people act right and come motivated.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
You can have fun tomorrow with PT. I'll be watching the Super Bowl. With cold beverage in hand.