• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HEAD'S UP!!! AMMO prices are going UP!!!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Ammoman . com is usually pretty good. Also, check out the same subject threat at socnet . com

Or you can figure out where I live and raid my basement. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
www.ammoman.com

www.ammoengine.com

www.natchezss.com

www.cabellas.com

www.cheaperthandirt.com

www.georgia-arms.com (Sometimes dirty, mom and pop factory reloaded stuff, that I mainly use to acquire .45 auto rim and brass cased, Cyrillic headstamped 7.62x39. My AK loves their ammo, but it's way more expensive than Wolf.)

Just to name a few.
Roger that; BUT for the .45 ACP FMJ ammo I was looking for (brand/category and although I'm usually 'ammo-fussy', it's pretty basic stuff):

Ammoman = CATEGORY IS SOLD OUT ... and he's not that good sometimes on price as he 'hides' it in his 'free shipping' smokescreen ...
AmmoEngine
= No help for what I was looking for ... repeat of my 'search results' ...
Cabellas = 25% more expensive
(as usual) than what I found ...
Cheaper Than Dirt = Sometimes O.K., but this time more expensive than what I found ...
Georgia Arms = Don't have it -- and I won't use 'mystery' reloads OR Rooskie crap in anything but Rooskie guns ...
MidwayUSA = They don't have it, either ... backordered + more expensive than what I found ...

Natchezss
= CATEGORY SOLD OUT ...

Even the local Wally-World (believe it or not -- usually good prices even w/ exorbitant sales tax (but no shipping charge) was S.O.L. for three brands in the category I needed ...

So, you see my problem: prices on the increase and shortages. I'll pay the $$$$ if I have to, but if you can't get it?? Kinda' like the coming $5/gallon fuel in the gas tank ...

But thanks for the links for me (ammoengine was a new one) AND the 'unwashed' in any case, younger Bruddah.

phrogpilot73

So what's the story with steel casings? I see some that say polymer coated steel casings are OK, laquer coated steel casings are not bad, but stay away from them in general. It's tough to find 5.56 without steel casings at a reasonable price now... Is there a brand I should stay away from (figure 2-300 rounds plinking at a time, home defense...)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
A4s, got it. I was less concerned with helping you (grumpy old men incite my ire at the grocery store, and I spurn them when I can :icon_wink ) than others who may not have seen the links before. What specific type/model/series of .45 were you looking for? I have a friend who might be able to dig up some other links.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So what's the story with steel casings? I see some that say polymer coated steel casings are OK, laquer coated steel casings are not bad, but stay away from them in general. It's tough to find 5.56 without steel casings at a reasonable price now... Is there a brand I should stay away from (figure 2-300 rounds plinking at a time, home defense...)

If steel cases are an issue (and I'd be interested to hear people's take here), head over to Palmetto State Armory. I haven't looked at Ammoman today, but PSA still has M193 for $6/20 rounds. I just (about an hour ago) ordered another 500 rounds because of A4s' warning. If you want some heavier stuff, they also sell either Privi partisan M855 (which my rifle just didn't like shooting straight with) or PMC XTAC M855 (which my rifle likes better, despite it's operator). The PMC stuff went up about $.20/ 20 rounds and is now $6.19/20 rounds. There's others there still in stock (LC M855, for example), but it's not nearly as inexpensive.

Roger that; BUT for the .45 ACP FMJ ammo I was looking for (brand/category and although I'm usually 'ammo-fussy', it's pretty basic stuff):

Ammoman = CATEGORY IS SOLD OUT ... and he's not that good sometimes on price as he 'hides' it in his 'free shipping' smokescreen ...
AmmoEngine
= No help for what I was looking for ... repeat of my 'search results' ...
Cabellas = 25% more expensive
(as usual) than what I found ...
Cheaper Than Dirt = Sometimes O.K., but this time more expensive than what I found ...
Georgia Arms = Don't have it -- and I won't use 'mystery' reloads OR Rooskie crap in anything but Rooskie guns ...
MidwayUSA = They don't have it, either ... backordered + more expensive than what I found ...

Natchezss
= CATEGORY SOLD OUT ...

Even the local Wally-World (believe it or not -- usually good prices even w/ exorbitant sales tax (but no shipping charge) was S.O.L. for three brands in the category I needed ...

So, you see my problem: prices on the increase and shortages. I'll pay the $$$$ if I have to, but if you can't get it?? Kinda' like the coming $5/gallon fuel in the gas tank ...

But thanks for the links for me (ammoengine was a new one) AND the 'unwashed' in any case, younger Bruddah.

Walmart has been my go-to ammo source for my .45 lately. Unfortunately, it's been everyone elses go-to ammo source for .45, too. For whatever reason, they just can't keep it in stock (or much else) at my local MegloMart, but down in St. Pete, it's more available.

As a result, I decided to suck it up and pay a few more cents per round and get some American Federal Eagle whatever from SGammo.com. Not sure if their deal is still going though. They may have sold out. I put 50 rounds of it through my bargain basement Colt M1991 I've had for years the other day and didn't have any issues w/ the ammo. It looks like PSA has the same stuff in stock but for a bit more. Might be worth checking out. It comes in boxes of 250 bulk. Kind of annoying that it's in bulk, but the rounds I got were in good condition when I pulled them all out of one of the boxes and put them in a carrier.

ETA: SGAmmo.com also has a good deal on Seiller and Bellot 9mm for those inclined. $200 for 1000 rounds including shipping.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
If steel cases are an issue (and I'd be interested to hear people's take here), head over to Palmetto State Armory.

I'm a pretty avid reloader so steel is out for me. I also don't like chrome plated in necked cases.

banana380

pilot
I found a case (1000 rds.) of PMC .223 @ a gun shop here in Pcola for $319 after mil-discount/sales tax.

I've been buying the redbox Federal 9mm 115gr FMJ every chance I've seen it, and amassed a sizeable quantity this weekend enough that I'm gonna quit for a while ($10.47/50 @ Wal-Mart).

I bought a 1911 this weekend, and my luck it would turn out that cheap .45 ACP is impossible to find :-/