• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HEAD'S UP!!! AMMO prices are going UP!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Had lunch last week w/ two friends who are major west coast distributors of things we like to shoot ... they predicted -- make that they assured me -- that ammunition prices will be going UP, BIG TIME to the tune of 10%-20% in the next quarter. Along w the increased prices will be the returning shortages ...

One of them attributed the coming cost increases directly to the ChiComs renewed purchasesg of metals & other associated commodities.

Buy it while you can & keep your powder dry ..

Pugs

Back from the range
None

Still waiting for 2 backordered cases of Winchester subsonic .22 but I have enough Sierra .30 168gr match kings to fund my retirement if the metals cost go up enough!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Hmm, good thing -for her-that the wife unit doesn't mind spending $$$ on ammo and associated stuff. I think a run to Sportsman's Warehouse (they offer a 5% discount for military) this weekend is in order.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I may finally break down and get that Rock Chucker beginners' kit I've been eyeing.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I may finally break down and get that Rock Chucker beginners' kit I've been eyeing.

You'll save all kinds of money reloading - Use this line with the wife :icon_wink

You'll shoot a heck of lot more and enjoy it a ton and need to buy lots of stuff that will make your life complete - Reality. ;)

banana380

pilot
Damn... I should have bought that case of .223 I was eyeing yesterday @ Jay's... 10% off mill discount put it at $300 bucks for 1000 rds... Which isn't terrible. I'm going to grab it tomorrow if they still have it.

I do recommend the Federal 9mm in the red boxes that wal-mart carries from time to time... I bought what they had the other day at $10.47/box of 50. No gun store I've been to in the last 2 years has been able to beat that.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor
Had lunch last week w/ two friends who are major west coast distributors of things we like to shoot ... they predicted -- make that they assured me -- that ammunition prices will be going UP, BIG TIME to the tune of 10%-20% in the next quarter. Along w the increased prices will be the returning shortages ...

One of them attributed the coming cost increases directly to the ChiComs renewed purchasesg of metals & other associated commodities.

I've heard the same thing in other circles. Raw materials prices are going up right now, particularly brass.

phrogpilot73

Not sure where to purchase ammo online for good prices, so I turn to the experts. I have both an AK and an AR for "home defense" - yet I have ZERO rounds on hand for either (I'd use my pistol to fight to my M-1 Garand, then probably take out the criminal, the neighbor's TV, and the other neighbor's stereo with that round). Where's the cheapest place to buy bulk (250-500 rds) of 7.62x39? And 5.56x45 or .223?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Seems like supplies of .45 ACP FMJ, which was plentiful for the past several months, is drying up ... I actually had to LOOK around for selection & price ...

phrogpilot73

I think the other thing is, I don't know what a good price is for either in bulk. Usually just pick up boxes at the range when I go there...