• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Heading to Meridian

Reb

Hey everyone. I selected Jets-Meridian last week. Looking for some information as far as the good places/areas to rent in Meridian... places to avoid kind of thing... for a married O-1 btw, no kids. Thanks!

BTW... how's the wait for ground school once the centrifuge training is done?

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
Live on base. My husband and I live on base and we love it! Not only is everyone so welcoming and friendly, but he only drives 6 miles to the flight line everyday! It's a hike into town.. but there's nothing in "town" anyways.
Good luck with the house hunting and congrats on selecting!

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
You should class up pretty quickly. You might wait 2-3 weeks at the most. Call the housing office at the base and they can send you a whole list of houses for sale/rent. Thats what I did so I dont know too much about apartments in the area (there are a bunch though).

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone. I selected Jets-Meridian last week. Looking for some information as far as the good places/areas to rent in Meridian... places to avoid kind of thing... for a married O-1 btw, no kids. Thanks!

BTW... how's the wait for ground school once the centrifuge training is done?

I thought it was tailhook selection now? Was it different for you? Congrats on the selection!

Reb

Thanks for the responses. The housing office has a good selection of rentals in the area. We found a great house and decided to buy though.
I thought it was tailhook selection now? Was it different for you? Congrats on the selection!
Yes it was... so technically yeah, I selected the whole "Tailhook-1" deal.

Raptor2216

I just found out that I was switched to meridian instead of k-ville. So, i'm hoping to get somegouge about the "atmosphere" in meridian from some of you. Also, what is the wait time for Marines? I don't have my start date or anything yet since I just found out about the switch and I can't call stucon till monday. Anyway, info would be appreciated.