• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

He is Navy, not me, where do I practice?

SlapHappy

"Chick Beer" drinker
My husband is in OCS right now. He likes collecting, I like shooting. He taught me to shoot but I surpased him quickly. He will get training obviously. Where do I go? Im mean it would be shameful for him to be a better shot than I am. It is one thing I have prided my self on..Shooting better than most men I know...Well all at the moment. And before you ask I dont not come from a military background. The only military personel I currently know is my husbands recruiter. Is there any civilian use of on base ranges? There has to be something! Ill go nuts:tongue2_1

MasterBates

SOME bases have MWR shooting facilities.

That being said there are often gun ranges that have full facilities. Some waived "initiation fees" or reduce rates for military spouses.

MasterBates

Also, if you have questions about firearms in general:

www.thehighroad.org is a good forum.

Oh, he probably won't get any weapons training to speak of. I was in for 4+ years before I ever shot. In 7 years, I have shot twice.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I wouldn't worry about the "training" he's going to get. Unless he's going SEALs or EOD hes probably going to spend all of a couple hours at the range. The "training" involved in getting your shooting ribbons is basic to put it mildly. If hes going SEALs or EOD theres probably not much you can do to keep up...

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
My husband is in OCS right now. He likes collecting, I like shooting. He taught me to shoot but I surpased him quickly. He will get training obviously. Where do I go? Im mean it would be shameful for him to be a better shot than I am. It is one thing I have prided my self on..Shooting better than most men I know...Well all at the moment. And before you ask I dont not come from a military background. The only military personel I currently know is my husbands recruiter. Is there any civilian use of on base ranges? There has to be something! Ill go nuts:tongue2_1

...and if you need other help... http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/ ;)

helo_wifey

I know you're in MI, but in San Diego..I think its called the Miramar Gun Club (right near the base) I tried trap shooting out there, and it was really cheap...I think for a half day I only ended up shelling out like $50 and that included ammo and gun rental (something you probably won't need).

We also have a skeet and trap range here on base in JP, and its run by MWR. I would look into that like MB suggested.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
If you end up in Pensacola/Milton, there's a nice outdoor range in Pace. I'm not too sure of the name, but you can look it up once you're out there :) It's only 7 bucks to shoot all day.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
If you end up in Pensacola/Milton, there's a nice outdoor range in Pace. I'm not too sure of the name, but you can look it up once you're out there :) It's only 7 bucks to shoot all day.

The range is pretty good. Great for pistol and skeet shooting, as for big rifles its only good enough to maybe bore sight, max of something like 200yds (not bad). Anybody want directions out there PM me and Ill let you know. I dont know the name either but I can sure get you out there! s/f

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
You should have stuck around for a Bagram deployment. ;)

Brett

While I loved VAQ-129 and the people there, every day was groundhog day. I was seriously considering deploying with some expeditionary bubbas. Fortunately for Al Quieda, I was picked up for STA-21, which was like an early Christmas. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I loved VAQ-129 and the people there, every day was groundhog day. I was seriously considering deploying with some expeditionary bubbas. Fortunately for Al Quieda, I was picked up for STA-21, which was like an early Christmas. :)

Did you go there after 128?

Brett