• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HC-144 at KNPA

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw one of the new Coastie two-prop whips goin' 'round the pattern here in Peecola yesterday afternoon. What's the status of this program now? They flying them outta Mobile for evaluation or what?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I believe three have been accepted with more on the way; they are on the ramp in Mobile going through evaluations while the powers that be write the applicable manuals, etc.

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
The program is moving along. Some say very slowly, some say normally for a new acquisition aircraft. I wasn't around, but I've heard when the Falcon's came online back in the 80's that they had some of the same issues the CASA (or should I say "Ocean Sentry") is having.

They just had their first SAR case off the coast of Florida when 2 F-15's crashed and found a survivor. Not a bad start to the program if you ask me.

From what I hear, the aircraft is flying as it should and is by all means safe but all of the fancy bells and whistles concerning the sensors need a little ironing out.