• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Having Nightmares about OCS, is anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Williams

If my worst thoughts of OCS weren't bad enough, you had to through in that bit about it being even worse that we colud immagine. Thank you so much.
ed

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ah my young little hatchlings,
Do not fret. The simple solution to your fears is to PT, PT, PT! If you are in decent shape prior to OCS, it will actually be a helluva lot of fun. The rest is all gamesmenship. Play the game and never take anything seriously. Do not by any way shape or form volunteer for anything. Just blend in and you'll be fine. The DI's are the finest and all are extremely tough but they are also the biggest bunch of comedians that you will never forget. It won't be easy because you have to earn those butterbars but if you prepare prior to OCS, it won't be as physically difficult. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
quote:Ah my young little hatchlings
What the hell Frumby, did you grow these guys yourself? How much water and fertilizer did it take? I am not so sure these chicken littles are worthy of wearing the butter bars. All this talk of nightmares of OCS makes me wonder. My Gunner's Mates laugh at the thought of OCS. And these poor weak civilians can't even handle the thought of....? What the hell?

Remember what NAVY stands for.....Never Again Volunteer Yourself.

Walker

Steve,
Are you taking out your hostility on us because we are the better, younger Navy?? Make room for the new talentSteve. (j/k)

Ed Williams

I know when i tried to hatch my first batch of OSC hatchlings i watered twice a day, fertilized 3 days a week and only allowed them the morning sun!
ed

unfUSN

Well... it finally happened. One week a nd two days until I check in for my June02 OCS date. I had a nighmare last night

I'm pretty sure it was stirred on by my 2 day non-stop watching of "Top Gun, Officer and a Gentleman, Crimson Tide, JAG and most of the Rockie movies(don't ask about the Rockie movies it just seemed to fit in).

ATP

Musiqlover

What are your top 10 ways to prepare and cope at OCS?

Sincerely,
Paul

quote:
Ah my young little hatchlings,
Do not fret. The simple solution to your fears is to PT, PT, PT! If you are in decent shape prior to OCS, it will actually be a helluva lot of fun. The rest is all gamesmenship. Play the game and never take anything seriously. Do not by any way shape or form volunteer for anything. Just blend in and you'll be fine. The DI's are the finest and all are extremely tough but they are also the biggest bunch of comedians that you will never forget. It won't be easy because you have to earn those butterbars but if you prepare prior to OCS, it won't be as physically difficult. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

PM

Status
Not open for further replies.