• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Having Nightmares about OCS, is anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiqlover

Dear Forum,

The past couple of nights I have realized that I am having nightmares about what OCS is going to be like! I know that I will be prepared, but I guess that I am just making a judgement on how OCS will be based on what some people have told me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sincerely,
Musiqlover

PM

unfUSN

I haven't really had any nighmares, but the idea of OCS is becoming more and more real to me every day.

ATP

Dave Shutter

Yeah, I'm having nightmares alright! Real bad ones, the kind that leave you in a cold sweat when you wake up! It's always the same one too: me working as a cook for another year or two (or forever!) until I get into another career field unless I get accepted for SNA!

Best of luck in OCS Musiqlover!

D

Musiqlover

quote:
Yeah, I'm having nightmares alright! Real bad ones, the kind that leave you in a cold sweat when you wake up! It's always the same one too: me working as a cook for another year or two (or forever!) until I get into another career field unless I get accepted for SNA!

Best of luck in OCS Musiqlover!

D

Dear Dave,

Well, I am not complaining or anything. I look forward to the challenge, and it will DEFINETELY be a HELL of alot better then both of our current jobs! :)

Sincerely,

Paul

PM

bpikula

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I had a dream too. Nothing too bad, but I don't even leave until January! Go figure. It's probably just fear of the unknown. That and the fact that Officer and a Gentleman was on TNN. Oh well, everybody has got to do it. If OCS is all I have to go through to get in flight school, bring it on. 13 weeks of hell, for millions of dollars of training? Seems fair to me.

Hey Dave, what's the deal? Have you heard anything about your test scores/re-test? Best of luck to you!

Musiqlover

True that!!! I agree with you a 100%!! I know that OCS is meant to weed out the weak, and I will NOT be one of them!!! Hey, what a coincedence, I just rented "An Officer and a Gentleman"! That is probably what did it for me!! :)

Sincerely,

Paul

PM

Dave Shutter

Bpikula...right now I'm waiting. I asked about a re-test or re-submit, but was told that while under review by other non-aviation communities that we can't do anything. I can't imagine who though? Whoever isn't closed out is so close to that they can afford to be extra picky? I tried to tell my rec' that those boards are wasting their time, but he said we have to wait. We haven't discussed re-test but I will if I have to. Our last chat ended with a: "We'll call you Dave."

All over 1 f*cking BIO point

BTW: Drove down through Egg Harbor NJ today, past the local ANG base. While on a road that went by the base of the runway 3 F-16's came by in a row on final for landing, engines loud as hell. They were taunting me intentionally! I know it, those $%#@*bastards!

Sizing up indie film financing in NJ

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 04/26/2001 23:16:14

Ed Williams

The reality of going to OCS is definately starting to hit home. Less than 50 days for all of thoes 16June members. I haven't had any dreams, but I have been spending alot of my time thinking about it. I wonder if it will be a quick 13 weeks or a long and dragging 13 weeks? Guess we will have to find out. OCS here we come!
ed

unfUSN

Ed, i bet the first 4-6 weeks are going to drag... and after that they'll probably fly by.

ATP

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of dreams. About a month before I checked onboard the ship, I started having dreams about all kinds of bad things. Like being late for checking in, and forgetting all my clothes, yelling at the CO because he pissed me off. Yea, that was a weird last month....and I would dream the same stuff over and over again.

--Steve

Kyle McWhirter

Alright...here is my dream.

I was checking into OCS and was having the time of my life. I realized it was a dream when everyone was nice beyond belief. The DIs and the other officers wanted to make sure that I had enough pillows and blankets and to make sure I told them if I was uncomfortable in any way. I had a single room with a view, a nice big closet and a really comfortable bed. I woke up laughing because I knew that dream would never come true. Take whatever worst nightmare you might have had Musiclover, and I am sure OCS will be 10 times worse.

Musiqlover

quote:
Alright...here is my dream.

I was checking into OCS and was having the time of my life. I realized it was a dream when everyone was nice beyond belief. The DIs and the other officers wanted to make sure that I had enough pillows and blankets and to make sure I told them if I was uncomfortable in any way. I had a single room with a view, a nice big closet and a really comfortable bed. I woke up laughing because I knew that dream would never come true. Take whatever worst nightmare you might have had Musiclover, and I am sure OCS will be 10 times worse.

Dear Kyle,

Thank you SO much for the encouragement!! I can't wait for OCS! NOT!!!!

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

unfUSN

To tell you the truth before ALL you guys started talking about having nigthmares I slept like a baby... now I'm having all kinds of problems

ATP

Ed Williams

To tell you the truth before ALL you guys started talking about having nigthmares I slept like a baby... now I'm having all kinds of problems

ATP

quote:

Hey, what are friends for.
ed

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
To all of you going to OCS.
Do not worry about your nightmares, OCS will be far worse then you have ever dreamed. Sweet dreams. Semper Fi! Frumby

P.S. Also, we send the best DI's to Navy OCS. Enjoy the training

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.