• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

have not submitted package yet, worried about evals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant73

I am a DT2 with 11yrs of service. I will graduate in Feb with a B.A in Business Administration with a concentration in HR. I may also go for a BA in Accounting. I did not receive high grades in lower level courses, usually Bs and Cs. I am doing much better in my upper level coures. As and Bs. My last three evals have not been great. I received only 3.0s. :( Hopefully when I transfer to my next duty station next month, my evals will improve. My chief believed I lack iniative . He believes if I had the same iniative with my work as I do with my school, then I would have been much better off. I have notice that quite a few people with outstanding packages did not get accepted. My former LPO, whom is now a chief, tried 3 times for MSC program. I am not sure why he did not get accepted, but heck, he was sailor of the year for our command. I know if I do not put in a package I will certainally not accepted. I did do a quick search. Has anyone been accepted with not so great evals?

Doc33

Grant73

Evaluations are taken very seriously. I served 4 years ago in the Navy as a Corpsman and they made sure I had ALL of my evals before they would even consider me. However, my evals were very good so I can't speak for that side. I can only say to try and then keep trying if you are refused. They take persistence into consideration and just make sure you do the political thing (kiss butt if necessary) to get a good transfer evaluation and then blow the minds of your new command showing them (not talking about) that your last command was wrong about your "lack of initiative."

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
just make sure you do the political thing (kiss butt if necessary)
Though not a preferred way, that's sometimes what you need to do to get ahead on the commissioned side. Sadly, that's the only way some officers get ahead. All kiss a** and no substance (i.e. as a leader).

Status
Not open for further replies.