• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Havana syndrome

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Oh, I get it now. Is this part of that category of advanced thinking you do at home that you just keep to yourself and don't post on this site, because reasons? Do you have a set of COAs you're iterating on in between bites of left over mashed potatoes?
As you know, attribution and intent are key aspects to any proportional response. Those haven’t been determined yet, according to the article. COA development doesn’t come until later in the planning cycle. And I think all elements of DIMEFIL would be on the table depending on what the facts are determined to be. But again, it doesn’t make sense yet to plan anything unless and until we can assess attribution and intent.

And no, I did not eat mashed potatoes today.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As you know, attribution and intent are key aspects to any proportional response. Those haven’t been determined yet, according to the article. COA development doesn’t come until later in the planning cycle. And I think all elements of DIMEFIL would be on the table depending on what the facts are determined to be. But again, it doesn’t make sense yet to plan anything unless and until we can assess attribution and intent.

And no, I did not eat mashed potatoes today.
Indeed... fascinating.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool, so do you have anything to add to the discussion? It’s an important topic.
You were the one vigorously flailing your arms about how the Russians had better fear whatever the US response might be, about which I inquired, and you declined to elaborate. So, now I'm the one who's supposed to provide all the entertainment around here?

I've seen the IC reporting. Making public statements to Russia about consequences, absent a smoking gun, doesn't strike me as a particularly effective move.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Making public statements to Russia
Were they? Looks more like private statements, delivered in person.
about consequences, absent a smoking gun, doesn't strike me as a particularly effective move.
Why not? We told Russia we want it to stop. Now Russia knows we care, bc we took the trouble to deliver the message in person. Let’s assume for the sake of argument that it wasn’t Russia, since there is no evidence it was Russia: now, whoever is guilty has to beware Russia finding out too, bc Russia could trade that knowledge to the US as a bargaining chip for something Russia wants more (e.g. portions of Ukraine, lifting of sanctions against certain Russian figures, or the return of its Maryland house and SF consulate). The FSB happily sold out the Tsarnaevs to the US prior to the Boston marathon bombing (although we didn’t listen), bc Russia wants to eliminate terrorism in Dagestan. The venn diagram of Russo-American relations has some overlapping interests.
You were the one vigorously flailing your arms
You have a vivid imagination.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why not? We told Russia we want it to stop. Now Russia knows we care, bc we took the trouble to deliver the message in person. Let’s assume for the sake of argument that it wasn’t Russia, since there is no evidence it was Russia: now, whoever is guilty has to beware Russia finding out too, bc Russia could trade that knowledge to the US as a bargaining chip for something Russia wants more (e.g. portions of Ukraine, lifting of sanctions against certain Russian figures, or the return of its Maryland house and SF consulate). The FSB happily sold out the Tsarnaevs to the US prior to the Boston marathon bombing (although we didn’t listen), bc Russia wants to eliminate terrorism in Dagestan. The venn diagram of Russo-American relations has some overlapping interests.
I don't even know where to start with this mess. Did you just get back from attending Model UN?