• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiani

Just got word this morning that I was a non-select for SNA and Crypto.
icon_smile_sad.gif
I wish everyone else who's still waiting to hear better luck than me.

aoconnor

Carjak, I am in Chapel Hill, NC. I my desig is NFO, only choice I put down. I am on BDCP, so it seems like they would want to send me to OCS as soon as I grad, this Dec, rather than have me wait around and get paid.

I am eager to get to OCS/the Fleet.

Meridiani

Originally posted by WFU2USN
Stacy,

That stinks!! Are you going to resubmit for NFO?

:- Robin

My application still has to go in front of the METOC board, which convenes in a couple of weeks. If that board rejects my application, then yes, I'll resubmit for NFO. BTW-I asked my recruiter last week about changing my second choice, and she said that once the application is in TN, it's too late.

I'm also talking to a Marine OSO this week...perhaps they'd be able to give me an age waiver for aviation.

Brianlegg

All,
Let's revive this topic and throw your hat in if you have any good information. It seems we havn't had any news in quite a while. Has anyone out there been accepted denied or had a friend you could talk about? Keep the mission.

Go Navy,

Brian

chartdk

I just got picked up for supply a couple of weeks ago. I applied Supply, SNA, SNFO in that order, and my guess is that I was non-select for the latter two. The way my recruiter put it, you have to be pretty close with an admiral to get an app considered for aviation right now.

Colin

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Posting this to give everyone a little hope. I just got picked up for SNA with an OCS date on November 1st. I'm not prior enlisted, I have no flight hours, and I don't know any admirals. My application was submitted in early November.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
-Greg

ghost_ttu

congrats airgreg, we all hate you now :)

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kn

Just found out today that I've been selected for NFO with OCS date of May 17. My application was submitted in Oct 2002.

Good luck to everyone.

- Ken

dag

I just got a letter today, 3-12, regretting to inform me that my application was denied (for BDCP). Sure does suck, but i'm calling my recruiter tomorrow to see what he thinks. Good luck to all you other guys, I guess I get to try again.

ghost_ttu

Goliath it will depend on what I see in the July timeframe from the Navy, meaning if they open the gates a little bit. At the moment I really have a lot on my plate, my AF OTS package will hit the board in May, and if declined will hit again in June. I'm headed to Waco to finish up my AFROTC scholarship application on the 12th of April, and I should hear sometime in July if that is awarded to me. If I do not get into OTS by my second board then I will start grad school and AFROTC in September. If the Navy is opening the gates before them I'll drop a package because they generally answer quickly, but a few weeks into September I will be contracted to the AF.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

mimisoko9

hey ghost,

I've also noticed you're on a real mission to get your wings, so I thought i'd toss you a little encouragement. Keep on keepin' on. There's a lot to be said for determination.

My recruiter called me last night to let me know they've reopened aviation and also sent me a somewhat informative e-mail from one of his superiors:

"As we enter the last four months of the OCS class year for FY03, aviation selections remain extremely competitive. There will now be a longer waiting process outside of the usual 1 to 2 week selection process because we are
looking closely at each application to give everyone a good chance. In general the competitive profile tends to be the higher ASTB scores (at least AQR 6, FAR 7) with a high GPA, but I stress we do consider the whole person concept. There are many quality applications that we have to decline just because the
competition is so fierce, not because these candidates are not deserving of a selection. With the current atmosphere in aviation recruiting and overall officer retention our goals are now only a fraction of what they were a year ago. At the same time we have seen the overall number and quality of applications steeply increase. Once preliminary numbers for FY04 are distributed we will have a better idea on the number of selections that can be made. For applicants who are non-selected who you believe are very qualified please tell them to reapply in six months as the recruiting situation and retention may be completely different."

Status
Not open for further replies.