• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

How is everyone doing? I've been out of the loop lately. I've been trying to put the Navy app. in the back of my head while it's at the board, this way I can focus all my stress to my new 9-5 job. I hate 9-5, and hope the Navy comes back to me with my SNA X-mas gift. Ghost, still no word? How about the Force? Has Webb given up, or is he still in the hunt? This site has changed tremendously of late. Wick, looks good man.

The Big Q: Has anyone heard anything from their apps lately? I put mine out about 5 weeks ago, and haven't heard a damn thing. Are they even looking at SNA, or do they just put them in a stack? If anyone has any gouge at all please reply. I'm getting tired of the "Real Life" and want to start flying jets for a living!

PATMACK...are you out of OCS yet? Shoot me an update of your status if you get this. jtyler9@aol.com.

All you DAMN gator fans...How bout them DAWGS!! If it wasn't for yall we'd be in Tempe w/ Miami! Oh well, I'll be in "The Big Easy" for a blowout game and New Years Eve so I guess things could be worse.

I hope all is well w/ everyone, and have a happy holiday.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

I got word awhile back that they closed SNA and to check back in May. I'm waiting to get accepted to grad school and then I'm gonna go with AFROTC and shoot for my pilot slot that way.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Daedalus

Ghost
Does the Air Force allow you to do ROTC for grad school aka they pay for it, what degree are you going for? The Navy doesn't, correct?

Stlpilot

I am persueing the same thing as ghost, yes Air force will pay for up to $3000 a year but thats it for grads, dont know about navy. Hey ghost will you email me Id like to run some stuff by you, my ROTC guy is a wing nut.
stlpilot1@msn.com

ghost_ttu

*grumbles* I'm not sure, my post went away and apparently I don't contribute useful information according to some. But the 3K is true, plus you will get 350/month (I believe that number is correct) stripend for being contracted, and you will get 450/year for books. Doing this as a 2 yr. you'll either need to do FT (field training) prior to your first semester (this is how I'm doing it) or you can go to FT after your first year of rotc. Downfall to doing it this way, is your OM is composed of 15% gpa, 10% FT, 50% commander score, 15%PCSM, 10% PFT. So that FT score will automatically be a 5% (that is the lowest you can get) if you do not go to FT first. But they will reevaluate your score after you attend FT and you could get a pilot slot through the supplemental board held in Sept. of your Senior (2nd) year. People do get pilot slots in the normal selection (Spring of Jr. year) without going to FT. Remember it is only 10% I'm catching word they use your graduate gpa for this equation, but I haven't verified this yet.

I'd say more, but I think I need to put it in about 1031 posts to retain my post count.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Well,

Get ready for some venting folks. I just got the tragic call from my recruiter. Denied for both SNA and NFO. I am really bummed but what can u do. He REALLY wants me to apply for Supply which I am going to do (I just need to send him a letter saying so and my current app will be put back in) but I am not really gung ho about it.

I am 27 so my pilot dreams are pretty much shattered. I guess I can still apply for NFO but what are my chances. I have looked into the Marines but I need a 5,6 on the test and I have a 5,5 (I am tearing my hair out as I write this). I am going to look at the Air Force and the Army but I just don't know. I am not going to give up but I am kinda down today. If anyone can shead some light on any possible options that I might have at the ripe ole age of 27 please let me know.

Oh yeah .... and just incase you all are interested my recruiter said that NO ONE from the last board got picked up. Things are really tight right now !!!!!! Hit me back my people.

Peace,

-Spin

ghost_ttu

If you REALLY want to fly, then I would continue to pursue that avenue and go for the Marines, and just retake your ASTB. But that is my opinion.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
psrogers .... thanks ..... and ghost ...... I am definitely going to but I have to wait until march to take it. That will put me right at the mark. I can get a waiver but it will be tough. But hey ... the Marine recruiter was the first call I made after I got off of the phone with my Navy recruiter. Motivation is definitely one of my strong points. Thanks guys.

peace,

-Spin

Adrenaline Rush

Spin, Just Make sure you want to be a marine first, before you apply to them...With your age they will be looking for some high PFT scores, unless you are in awesome shape right now, then I would start training whether you intend to apply or not , you dont want to have a pft be the only thing holding you back (as is the case with some people i know with similar situations with their age and fitness level)

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Adrenaline,
I would definitely be honored to be a Marine and I am in excellent shape. It would suck to have the PFT be the only thing holding me back. The Marine recruiter I spoke to stressed the importance of a good PFT especially for us older guys. I don't know if you have any info but here is what he said I needed:

20 pull ups
100 crunches in 2 min
3 mile run in 18 min

He also gave me the "passing" scores but he said that these would give me a "perfect" PFT if there is such a thing. Obviously if this is perfect I will strive to double it but let me know if this sounds right? Thanks for the support peoples!!

Peace,

-Spin

jrklr

I would focus on the ASTB more. From what I've heard from Marine OSO's is that if you qualify for SNA, it's yours. I would think that that's why there min. ASTB scores are higher the Navy's (officially). Good luck.

rhollin1

It will be four weeks on friday that my package was "mailed" out and I'm still waiting

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

klray77

What I'm hearing from my ROTC unit here in Memphis is that there were more than enough physically qualified people that applied for pilot this year. Apparently it's rare that this happens. I had a 9,9,9, on the ASTB and a 99 for my PNS points, a 3.41 GPA and a Mech. Engineering major. But I didn't get picked because I didn't have a physical complete that qualified me because of my eyes. Well, I had the PRK surgery last January and I was just waiting to do another physical. As we speak, my physical, which shows me at 20/20 both eyes, is being processed at BUMED in Washington and then will be forwarded to NAMI. Here's what I've been told. Every year there are so many pilot slots that go back into the pool because of people dropping out for various reasons. What I'm hoping is that my scores will put me somewhere high on the waiting list. When my XO called down to CNET last week they already had my name flagged and said they were expecting a call. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm sitting on a slot as SNFO right now but I'm trying to switch over. Obviously it's been a few anxious days lately. They're telling me that the turnaround on my package will be 24-48 hours. But I called up there today to find out that the HM2 handling my case wasn't there and they were on holiday routine.... figures. I think that's just to decide that I'm physically qualified. The way I understand it is that if no one drops there slot, I'm screwed. I seem to be the only one around here that is worried that will happen though.

Does anybody know which commissioning source gets first look for these slots?? I've been told that the Academy, NROTC, and OCS all get allotted their own number of slots. That sounds cool to me. Well, I hope we all get selected somehow, someway. I'd rather be competing with all of you in Pensacola and not here.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.