• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borncreole

bigmikenjax-CONGRATS. Reading your post lightens the spirit. I know where you are coming from. We have the same resume. When you say have them call the right people, who shoud be called? OCS, board memmbers?????? By the way, does anyone know who sits on the OCS board (how many/different type Officers ext)? Once again...Congrats

bigmikenjax

BornCreole,
I am not sure if you are Active Duty or a civilan, nevertheless, I hope you understand this...... As big as the NAVY may be, it is still a very small community, people know one another, lets say your Commanding Officer calls CNRC and asks about your package and then finds out one of the guys on the board use to be his dept head, well then you have mutual respect for one another immediately. Your CO will put a good word in on you, and when it comes time for selection your name is already on their mind and BAM, they see it again, and again, the more times they see your name the better.

The officer world is extremely political. Sometimes it's not what you know , but who you know. Seek out interviews from other designators that you want to be, they may know certain people as well, they may even call for you. As if, I just interviewed the finest NFO to be , you must select him, dam!! then they find out they went to the same college, OCS class, ROTC..etc.... See what I am saying, just like that.

Now to answer your ?'s.... As many as 5 to 15 officers may look at your package and make comments on it, then it will go to the Community Mgr for their selection, then it will go back CNRC for final approval. It is a very complicated process, but well worth it.

Question is, "How bad do you want it?"

Mike

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
Originally posted by bigmikenjax
Congrats!!! I know OCS runs their fiscal year from July to June, you must have been slotted for FY05. Congrats!!!!! Mike

Actually for some reason I was originally given Feb 04 but I have a contract to stay employed with my current job till end of June 04 so we are moving my OCS date.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Just found out from my recruiter that I've been pro rec'd for SNFO. Three days short of my 9 year active duty Air Force anniversary I find out I'll (hopefully) be a Naval Flight Officer. Go Navy!

Meridiani

Congrats to both Mike and spsiratt!!!
icon_smile.gif

L

lesliejonavy

I finally submitted my package two weeks ago for SNFO. Scores 51/6/7/6. LOR Past emloyer (USN Capt), flight instrustor, math professor, state senator. Have PPL, working on instrument. Female, 26. Wanted to go SNA, but recruiter said that SNA was closed and to go SNFO.

Anyone have any insight on SNFO current availability? At what point do I do my medical?

Thanks,
Leslie
7/25/03 Prof. Rec' !!!!!!!!!!!
bouncy_125.gif

Meridiani

Leslie, you'll do medical, PRT, and EPSQ (background investigation docs) after you've been professionally recommended. There are a couple of people around here who were recently picked up for SNFO, including myself, so you've probably got a decent shot at it. Good luck!
icon_smile.gif

shnap51

Selected NFO
At the end of last week I received word that I was prof. rec'd for NFO. Now I want to get the processing out of the way as quick as possible.

Anybody have any experience on how quickly this process happens? or how I can make it quicker?

Also, other than my physical or security check going bad, is there any reason to believe that I may not end up being officially accepted for NFO? If they make changes, is there a shot at getting bumped back to my #1 choice, Pilot?

room5047

Hooyah shipmates,

I also just heard I got pro-rec'd for NFO! A week after applying - never expected to hear anything this fast. Of course, if Murphy has anything to say about it, that just means I'll class up in 2005 sometime...

FYI - according to my recruiter, the available '04 NFO slots are shrinking fast - like, 12 or 13 left - so take that under consideration. Though I bet there's a heap of folks already waiting for October and soem SNA billets...

show me your WAARRRR face!

RobNLa

Hey guys,

I just found out this morning that I was professionally recommended for SNA after only three weeks of waiting. I will graduate next May and will hopefully head to OCS soon after that. I have finished my EPSQ, PRT, and physical exam. Hopefully that BDCP cash will start rolling in soon.

AWend

Spin,
When I was contracted under the USMC for SNA, the only canidates getting selected were those with PFT scores of 285 and above. Physical fitness is the probably the number one selection factor for the USMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.