• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpthacksaw

pilot
On Tuesday I am doing the final paper work to apply for a marine aviation contract and running a PFT. I scored a 6/7 on the astb, have a 3.18 GPA in ME at VMI and I am hoping to score around a 265 to a 275 on the PFT. My OSO sounds very promissing for me getting contracted, but ofcourse i know it is hard and he is a recruiter. Is there any thing that I should know before signing the papers. Any last minute advise. I am a little confused about the terms SNA and NFO being thrown around the site. Do these not apply to me because i am Marine option or what? Any advise about signing the contract would be great. Any loop holds or anything. Any benifits that come with the PLC program. Thanks.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
First an SNA is a student naval aviator or pilot and it doesn’t matter what service you are in if you are going to train as a pilot you are a SNA. A NFO is a naval flight officer or more commonly know as the guy in the back. They do navigation, weapons operation etc. My only advice is know exactly what you are signing before you actually sign it. Unfortunately some recruiters will either not be completely forthright with you or they will simply speak before they know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.