• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone applied for AMDO lately?

USNman

Nukumall, I wanted a change and the Navy offered it. I know everyone asks the same question, but I the opportunity to lead from the get-go is very appealing. I work with many AF officers, and I am sad to say that the firat 3-4 years (depending on career field) is spent power-pointing everyone to death. I now some of the same things will occur in the Navy, but i am assured to be on a ship where i will be performing my actual deployed mission day in and day out. Anyway, are you applying Navy or AF?

nukumall

I have been accepted for AMDO, just waiting for a OCS class date. So, Navy. My reasons are the same as yours. I am in Space Command and 0-1 -0-6's do the same job I do, I even train them to do the job. Talk about a huge pay difference. My degree is non-tech and the Air Force thankfully did not want it. I am also looking foward to doing the mission from the start.

USNman

I am assuming you went to Embry-Riddle, as i did. I feel the same way about the AF. Did you make the June or July AMDO board?

nukumall

I made it in the June board. I had PRk eye surgery and it is taking longer than normal for the Navy to issue me a waiver. I went to a private college in Colorado, Colorado Christian University. My degree is Computer Information Systems Management. I choose it because it had a nice one night a week 18month program. All adult classes.

Questions

If any of you has any questions about AMDO, my wife is at OCS now for it. I also work around a bunch of them, so if you have questions for them, I will pass them on and try to get you answers. For those who were selected already, I would say call your new detailer, he is a great guy and will really lay it all out for you.