• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Harrier gouge? (Bonus: Best/worst USMC base discussion)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
IMG_3967.jpg

HJ Photos from Inspection Trip

A word of warning to those w/ a boat. Don't take your boat to the location in the above picture, anchor, and then jump in the water to snorkel. Apparently it's a "squid sanctuary." Yes, on a Marine base, and it's quite amusing. A BM will probably come out in his boat and ask for your ID and to kindly move along. Who knew?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
A word of warning to those w/ a boat. Don't take your boat to the location in the above picture, anchor, and then jump in the water to snorkel. Apparently it's a "squid sanctuary." Yes, on a Marine base, and it's quite amusing. A BM will probably come out in his boat and ask for your ID and to kindly move along. Who knew?

You mean it's a "navy only" swimming site? How is that possible? I would offer the BM a nice tall glass of go fuck yourself. Then again, my diplomatic skills have been noted as lacking from time to time.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You mean it's a "navy only" swimming site? How is that possible? I would offer the BM a nice tall glass of go fuck yourself. Then again, my diplomatic skills have been noted as lacking from time to time.

No, it's literally a squid sanctuary...cephalopod-type, not the fat type w/ cheesy mustaches.

Malice 1

pilot
I'm here.

What a phabulous place. All my rental agreements broke down, so I decided to buy a house. I don't wanna pay alot for a house, because I don't want a high monthly payment.

Most of the neighborhoods I've looked at have a large population of Sergeants and corporals. Would I be the wierd guy on the block if I was the only occifer in an "enlisted" neighborhood?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LIVE IN THE TOWNHOUSES ON 9 MILE ROAD AND MILLER. I made that mistake, and I regretted it hugely. Oh, sure, the neighborhood was nice until they finished it, and we realized that most of the things were built to be lower income rental units. (No wonder my rent was so cheap.) After one neighbor was arrested by six cops, guns drawn, and one dog for having hundreds of pounds of pot in the house, running some meth heads off in the middle of the night, and throwing open the door to stop a husband from beating his wife outside, my wife and I had enough. We bought a house near Neuse Harbor (down the Croatan Forest ranger station road) in a plan called Lynwood Highlands. It's nice, quiet, and the only time I have to take my guns out is to show my neighbor the new one.

Whoever said it was 100% right: They overbuilt like it was going out of style around here, and there's a shitload of new construction available.

Edit: I've got a MSgt who lives across the street from me, but other that's about it. It's a bit more pricey than a few other neighborhoods, but not as high as either Taberna or Carolina Colors.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
No, those ones are actually not so bad, considering their creepy ass placement. I have a friend who lives there, and while they're alright if you can get past the, uh, neighbors, they are a bit cramped inside.

The ones I'm talking about are called Indian Trail or something like that. There are also some grey-colored apartments nearby that are something straight out of a 90s 'gangsta' movie. If I had known all this BEFORE I showed up two years ago, I would have just bought a house from the beginning.