• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Birthday Marines

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Today's the eleventh time I've celebrated this day since first putting on the uniform, and I'll be damned if I don't get all misty each time. I heard a wise man once say that there is a fine line between tradition and bad habit, and I'm convinced that celebrating the birthday of the Marine Corps is the former. Well, maybe with a few other bad habits mixed in. Regardless, to all other Marines out there: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND SEMPER FIDELIS.

(And if anyone happens to be hanging around Cherry Point, a few Marines from my squadron and I will be getting standing up, falling down, seeing double, yakking-in-the-backyard drunk tonight in a private birthday celebration. Did I mention that the female Officers outnumber the male ones about 3-1 in my squadron?)

mjcIII

USMC LCpl
I will be "celebrating", and all that it implies, for other reasons tonight (our football team to the playoffs), but I'll be damned if I don't make a toast to the Marine Corps. Happy Birthday and semper fi.

flyerstud4

This is my first Nov 10th as a Marine.
"These are great days we're living, bros. We're Jolly Green Giants, walking the Earth . . . with guns!":D Happy Birthday Marines

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Words from my Company's Gunny yesterday at morning quarters:

"Who knows what tomorrow is? If you say Veteran's Day, I will kill you. Tomorrow is the Marine Corps Birthday. Hoorah. So what that means is I'll be getting my drink on. Have a great day."

Happy Birthday USMC.

thull

Happy Birthday USMC

Anybody catch Jim Lehrer's speech for the Marine Corps birthday and opening of the USMC museum? Extremely powerful speech.
(..and I never knew Lehrer was a Marine.)

Screamtruth

นักมวย
One more time.....................

Semper Fi...............................to all before and to all that is to be.

You know, I read the Flag of Our Father's on the way home from Australia today....................

I am proud to have been even considered under the same name as those guys who fought and died in that terrible theater of war. As with all the names synonomous with the Corps.............Tarawa, Bougainville, Iwo, Hue, Khe Sanh, Chosin........Fallujah.............that is the reason I have always been proud. Not the toughness, or the training, but to associate with those who have been before me and after.