• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hangar 24 SBD AirFest, 30-31 May 2020

HuggyU2

None
Hangar 24 Brewery and SBD Fest combined forces for 2020, and the show will be 30-31 May at KSBD... about an hour west of Palm Springs.
They would like Navy/Marine statics, with the exception of Super Hornets (a unit jumped on that this week). T-6, P-3, Cobra, T-45, C-2, Huey, Harrier... what can you bring? I recommend you don't volunteer if you are not a fan of beer festivals and outdoor concerts.

Navy Legacy Flight and USF F-35 Demo & Heritage Flight are headlining the aerial piece.

Drop me a pm if interested in bringing a static.

Last edited:

HuggyU2

None
And CHINFO approved... 20-151-0063-ES1X
(you guys should be impressed that an Air Force guy knows what CHINFO is)

HuggyU2

None
Jolly Green: have you asked the Ops O yet?
So far, only 1 reply but it looks like they will be attending.
Some major civilian acts being confirmed soon.

The show is produced by Hangar 24 Craft Beer: you do the math.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Beer, T-6's, Beer, P-3's, Beer, Cobras, Beer, T-45s, Beer, C-2s, Beer, Hueys, Beer, Harriers...what could go wrong? :eek:

Just kidding...sounds like great fun.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I did a Hangar 24 static display a few years ago. They put on a truly first class event. I highly recommend it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really hoped to make this with the SW Chapter of the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation's AH-1F Cobra. But in the daily inspection after the flight from HAI we found delamination on the engine decking. The 'ol girl is hard down. May not even survive it. While options are considered and we count our money, it is a full court press to get our UH-1H restored to airworthy condition. She is in great shape. Should be flying before the end of summer. Will likely make SBD next year.

HuggyU2

None
Sorry to hear that, Wink! I saw that Cobra around 4 years ago on the static ramp. It's beautiful and I hope the issues end up being more minor than the initial estimate.