• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Handgun Qualification Record

lost_in_asia

I recently shot the qualification course and want to have it put into NSIPS to have the award posted in my record. My unit told me to send the record to BUPERS. Anyone know to whom it would go to at BUPERS?

The best answer is to call and ask them directly. If you're up for a promotion board, you can write a letter to the board and enclose the quals.

As somebody who proudly wore nothing but a sharpshooter pistol ribbon for two years, followed by two expert ribbons that I basically bought through MWR (and my boss made me take leave for!), I now realize that if you earned them, wear them, and nobody will care. You've got the paperwork to back up anybody who challenges you anyway.

azguy

None
This isn't something people do. Frankly, I don't think the awards guys at PERS would know what the hell a 3591 is if you sent it to them anyways. If you passed the range test, wear the ribbon.

Becks

Becks
I simply brought my range cards in from the Army and gave them to Reserve Services at my NOSC. They entered them into NSIPS that day.

I simply brought my range cards in from the Army and gave them to Reserve Services at my NOSC. They entered them into NSIPS that day.
Seriously?? While I'm sure you're a better shot than I am, I feel like somehow that's cheating. I had to sign up for an MWR "range day", my DH wouldn't let me go so I had to take a day of leave, then the gunner's mate told me "this is supposed to be 2ooyds, but we'll just make the dot that much smaller and shoot at 25..."

Anyway, I'm proud of my two Es down there, and good on you for shooting the same in a service that actually values small arms marksmanship!

Thirteen

Not sure if this has been resolved (sorry for the late answer) but I had the same question - just go to your NOSC and talk to the Admin folks. Or call NOSC. They'll ask you to give them the 3500 form that you received from the range and they'll (eventually) get it up there. Keep on top of it and call to gently remind the Admin desk if it doesn't happen within a few weeks.