• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hampstead, NC

usmc22

Hi everyone. Great forum. Lots of good info.

For any of you East Coast bubbas: I'll be at New River in a couple of months for V-22s, and have been checking out the area for housing. My fiance's in Charlotte right now, and has a few decent job opportunities in Wilmington. I'm trying to meet her halfway as far as commuting goes. Is Hampstead a decent split? What type of commute would I be looking at heading to New River? I've checked out mapquest, but wouldn't mind hearing from someone who actually does it or knows someone who does. She'd be willing to do Sneads Ferry, seeing as how I'll probably have a lot more early mornings than she would, but if Hampstead is workable, I'd rather help her out as much as I can. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Hampstead will be about 45 minutes to MCAS, plus or minus 5 mins depending how far back you are from H-17. Sneads Ferry is exactly 25 min door-to-door. I live in Sneads Ferry and highly recommend it. It is a sleepy area, but is starting to spout up fast.

RLSki

CH-53 Crewchief
I was originally stationed at MCAS New River and lived just on the outskirts of town toward Richlands. I recommend Williamsburg Plantation or Raintree off of Gum Branch Road. I lived in Williamsburg Plantation and absolutely loved it. The drive is about 15 - 20 min to the air station, you are centralized with all the restaurants, Wal-Mart is right down the road, and the elementary school is probably one of the best in town.

AV8BQAR

Mech
What is her occupation? Those of us that are adjusted to commutes may blow off a 45-60 minute drive, but nowadays with fuel prices us die-hards might be a little lenient. Know what I mean? It might be okay right now, but if you are planning on a while in the area you want the long-term attitude.

Hampstead is not a bad drive, but if possible I would look closer if you can. Things that make the women happy are good things.