• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Half the Battle

So I hold in my hand an approved DD368 from the Army National Guard into the Marine PLC program. Despite all of the setbacks in recruiting they are still letting me go, to put this in perspective its like trying to get a tomato to turn into an apple....needless to say it was very difficult, but kissing a little ass never hurts :icon_smil...now someone help me get this brown **** off my nose. Anyways I will be applying for the April PLC board, any suggestions?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You are gonna need boot bands, pull up bar, over-inflated ego. Go ahead and sew all your pockets shut too.

(Edit: If you have any specific questions fire away)

Boot bands? whats that?
pull up bar? I use my dorm's shower bars..they seem to work well
over inflated ego? ..can be inflated :)
Sewing pockets shut? haha what for? ...water?

After the selection process and everything, from what I hear plc'ers don't have any commitment during the school year? is that true? or to a certian extent? Do they have any pool functions?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Most OSO's will organize a pool function about once a month. They tend to be either knowledge classes, paintball, ISMT at a local reserve center, PFT's, etc. However, the attendance policy isn't usually all that stringent, especially after you've been to training.

Get to know the guys in your pool. Chances are you'll ship with some of them. If there's any prior enlisted Marines around, pick their brain.

Lawman

None
goosegagnon2 said:
paintball ...thats what im talking about!...I take it that the training depends on the OSO.

p.s. what does ISMT mean?

Dude, screw paintball, we got a weapons class coming up. At the Armory a little bit from here.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Lawman said:
Dude, screw paintball, we got a weapons class coming up. At the Armory a little bit from here.

Paintball = MUCH more fun than a weapons class... you'll get more than enough of that **** at OCS/TBS. Like everyone said, try to get involved with the OSO activities. The guys around the OSO office, be they officers or enlisted, can give you plenty of advice, and possibly clear up the whole boot band thing. As cool as tucking your trousers into you boots is, those days (for you) are out the door. Read a book or two on the subject (check out the book threads on Airwarriors for suggestions, I recommend "One of Us, The Making of a Marine Officer", for starters), and keep an open mind. You're in for a good time. Congrats, and good luck.

Hey is it true they do peer evals at PLC? do they hold any weight on anything? how does that play into the whole scheme of things....

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
goosegagnon2 said:
Hey is it true they do peer evals at PLC? do they hold any weight on anything? how does that play into the whole scheme of things....
Like scotty said read One Of US it basically tells you alot of what goes on at OCS. He talks about peer evaluations in there I'm pretty sure. Oh ya and congrats, I'm applying for the April board as well.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Yes there are peer evals. They're just part of life. If you're not jacked up you have nothing to worry about.

ISMT = Indoor Simulated Marksmanship Training (or something like that)
It's a system kind of like a videogame where they have a variety of weapons from the M9 pistol to the SMAW hooked up to pneumatics to simulate recoil and a video projector on amovie screen. You can run through any number of scenarios from rifle and pistol qual. to being an MP arresting a guy for beating his wife.

OSO's try to keep your meetings fun so that you stick around and ship to training. They also know there will be plenty of boring classes and whatnot ahead of you.

ZoomByU

Woo Woo
I wish my OSO had stuff like that planned, all we've done so far are mass pft's and a couple of classes.