• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hail mary pass....

JW1

Hey guys,

Is it too late for me to enlist so that I can get a waiver to apply for an SNA slot after? I'm half-way finished with my B.S. and I just turned 30.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys,

Is it too late for me to enlist so that I can get a waiver to apply for an SNA slot after? I'm half-way finished with my B.S. and I just turned 30.

Enlisting doesn't automatically give you the 36 or 48 months worth of waiver. You get one month of waiver for every month of active duty - sorry.

Brett

JW1

Brett,

First off, thank you for replying. Yeah, I'm not looking for a freebe. I am just curious if thier is a chance that the numbers would or could equate to this scenario. Basically, I am just wondering if it is too late. If not, I'd happily enlist and do my time and earn my shot. If that shot still exists.

Anyone?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett,

First off, thank you for replying. Yeah, I'm not looking for a freebe. I am just curious if thier is a chance that the numbers would or could equate to this scenario. Basically, I am just wondering if it is too late. If not, I'd happily enlist and do my time and earn my shot. If that shot still exists.

Anyone?

There are plenty of threads here that discuss the various age waivers. Bottom line, enlisting won't help your cause and you're not going to be accepted into the SNA pipeline at 32.

Brett

If you want to go Navy enough to enlist, great, but if you're primarily looking to fly, you might check out Army Aviation--if you're otherwise qualified/competitive, I believe their (Warrant Officer) age limit is 32...I'd need to find the reg, but it might be worth a look if that's what you're gunning for.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you want to go Navy enough to enlist, great, but if you're primarily looking to fly, you might check out Army Aviation--if you're otherwise qualified/competitive, I believe their (Warrant Officer) age limit is 32...I'd need to find the reg, but it might be worth a look if that's what you're gunning for.

And you don't need that degree. You might want to look into their Guard programs as well.

JW1

Yeah, that is what I figured. I was trying to try every facet and which way that I could or get some closure on all this before I went full-blown into the WOFT process. I had a lot of things in my way before I had the opportunity to pursue aviation, and the Navy was always my dream. Well, sometimes life isn't fair, but, you move on. Thank you gentleman I appreciate you all taking the time to reply. I hope you guys appreciate your opportunities as much as I will mine.

-J.W.