• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Had my first solo today in the C-152

theduke

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 00438818.jpg
    00438818.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 180
  • 00438817.jpg
    00438817.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 174

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Nice! I got my PPL in a 150 a while back. I think its one of the best aircraft to learn in because you feel every bump in the road. Everything else afterwards feels like a sports car compared to the 150!

Anyway, congrats on the solo!

theduke

Yeah, the 152 is the only bird so far to ever make me hurl, and it's because of that "every bump in the road factor".

I've done wingovers and spins in J-3 Cubs, a 70 degree bank turn in a 172, an aero routine in an RV-4 (just as a passenger) and been ok, but the 152 made me yak the first few times I flew in it (gusty, bumpy conditions all 3 times)

theduke

Didn't it feel wierd looking over at the right seat and seeing it empy?

ehh, a little. not much. i felt so well prepped for it that it wasn't really nerveracking at all.

and yeah, we cut off the back of my shirt and put it on the wall at Ferguson.

and the takeoff distance was prob about half...HUGE difference in acceleration and climb.

How is the T-34 as far as "bumps"? How is the T-34 overall compared to the Cessna 152 and 172? I hate the 172 because of all of the lack of power and bumps (I'm used to the C-2A which needless to say is a little larger and more powerful than the C-172) and I just wondering what lies ahead when I get to P-cola as far as feel and power of the aircraft.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
34 can be a little bumpy- depends on the weather. The 34 is totally different then the 152/172- a lot faster, Low wing (different sight picture landing), sinks like a rock with the pwr off (dont go below 200ftlbs or so until the transition to the flare), 3 trim wheels, Aerobatic, etc etc etc.

2c_stars_at_noo

Congrats on the solo!

Got my PPL in a C-152 I swear was older than my dad.

No one ripped my shirt or anything. I think that was because I'm a girl and my mom was there with me.:D

ip568

None
Congratulations. I've instructed in just about every GA airplane and the 150/172 is still my favorite for teaching right.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ip568 said:
I've instructed in just about every GA airplane and the 150/172 is still my favorite for teaching right.

That's quite a statement...

Glasairs? Katanas? RVs? Beechcraft? Mooney? ;)

theduke

RVs are sweet. I wanna get a 1/4 share in an RV-4 or Mustang II or something comparable when I get to my gun squadron.