• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Had my first Marine PFT

Malice 1

pilot
Slammer2 said:
best thing I can say is to not miss a day of the program. It leaves me feeling weak and without energy every time I go to approach the bar, but I end up performing much better than before. Hit my new record high of 22 last night. I was at a high of 12 about 2 months ago. Go Armstrong.

I'm glad to hear that. I have adopted this workout as my new religion.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Armstong works for sure (its how I hit 20), but make sure you cycle it on and off. You can't go 5 days a week doing pullups forever.

thunderstruk725

So, I might be beyond screwed. I have been following the workout of Major Armstrong religiously, plus I have been adding alot of runs to it in order to help me in the area I am struggling the most. My OSO called me last night and informed me that I will be taking a PFT today!! I am so sore right now I can barely lift my arms above my head because of my workout yesterday. I was just wondering how much this "first impression" PFT will affect my application to the PLC program.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
thunderstruk725 said:
So, I might be beyond screwed. I have been following the workout of Major Armstrong religiously, plus I have been adding alot of runs to it in order to help me in the area I am struggling the most. My OSO called me last night and informed me that I will be taking a PFT today!! I am so sore right now I can barely lift my arms above my head because of my workout yesterday. I was just wondering how much this "first impression" PFT will affect my application to the PLC program.

Not much really, but tell your OSO all the same and work something out...

zuggerat

if he makes you do it, then just work urself till you die. i think if they know ur sore and u try as hard as humanly possible then they will be very happy with you. just dont whine lol.

thunderstruk725

Alright, definitely just went ahead and did it, and my OSO realized there was something wrong. He asked and I told and he said no problem, but now I have to wait another month before he comes back down. Hopefully this time I'll get a little more notice. You guys were right, I just told him, but did not complain about it, and everything worked out fine. I could only do 6 pull ups, but at the begining of the day I was banking on getting 1. It actually gave me more confidence and motivation for the next one. Thanks for the advice!!

pjxc415

pilot
freshy said:
Stay skinny!! That's how Marines are supposed to be built. Lean and Mean, and able to run like someone from Kenya.

Not necessarily. I like the following quote.

"It occurred to me that the services could be characterized by different breeds of dogs:
The Air Force reminded me of a French Poodle. The poodle always looks perfect... sometimes a bit pampered and always travels first class. But don't ever forget that the poodle was bred as a hunting dog and in a fight it's very dangerous.
The Army is kind of like a St. Bernard. It's big and heavy and sometimes seems a bit clumsy. But it's very powerful and has lots of stamina. So you want it for the long haul.
The Navy, God bless us, is a Golden Retriever. They're good natured and great around the house. The kids love 'em. Sometimes their hair is a bit long... they go wandering off for long periods of time, and they love water.
Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat. That sounds like a Marine to me!" - Rear Admiral Stark, USN

Plus i'm a big guy and still run a 16:35 most days.