• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

H&K's MP7 and The Mission to Get Osama

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Over in the "OBL is Dead" thread mmx1 posted the URL for an in depth account of The Mission to Get Osama. (From the Aug 8th edition of The New Yorker) It's a great read and the first time I've heard it "confirmed" that, with one notable exception, most of the SEAL assault team chose to carry H&K's MP7.

After watching a couple of YouTube clips it looks (and sounds) like the perfect weapon for the mission. Me thinks FN would disagree but for now the MP7 has to go on my personal assault rifle bucket list....at least until I find out how much a round of 4.6x30 mm ammo costs.

From left to right: 4.6×30mm, 5.7×28mm, .30 Carbine
300px-4_6x30mm,_5_7x28mm,__30_M1_Carbine.jpg

yak52driver

Contributor
That's a great looking weapon. The chick in the first video was pretty scary looking, though. I'm just sayin'... ;)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Yea little Rachel is an aquired taste for sure. Kinda like Balut. Can't speak for their choice in female "spokesmodels" but Advanced Armament does make some nice cans. At one time she was a machinist for AAC. Not sure if she still is

I'll hijack my own thread for a bit....she's packin some guns for sure
Rachel 2.jpg
DV_Rachel_Anne_500X.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I haven't read the article yet (it's saved in my email to read when I get a chance), but on the radio, the author mentioned that everyone was carrying M4s. Certainly an easy mistake to make for someone not familiar with guns, but interesting that he said that in one "version" but not in the article...or so I'm guessing by your post.

Fun fact: The MP7 can also help defend against the Combine. Anyone...anyone...yeah, I'm a dork.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Humm. I previously heard all M4's as well before I read the New Yorker piece. But you're right, if that's the only thing he got wrong the author did a great job. Plus I learned some stuff about a new toy that I didn't know otherwise

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I think she's hot, except for the ear lobes. Just sayin'. Cool weapon too.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Seen these up close and personal, they are a sweet weapon. Doesn't surprise me they were used in the Osama take-down.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Rocketman,

What FN in particular are you referring? You talking company or a specific weapon?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'd be on that chick like a fat kid on pancakes! Dirty little....vixen!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Rocketman,

What FN in particular are you referring? You talking company or a specific weapon?

I was referring mostly to the combination of the FN P90 and the 5.7x28mm round. I would imagine that the P90 and the H&K MP7 would be direct competitors. Other than what I've read I have no personal experience with either the rounds or the weapons though.

I'd be on that chick like a fat kid on pancakes! Dirty little....vixen!

Cool. We haven't had a girls and guns thread in a long time.......