• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gwot Sm

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rule of thumb ... just don't wear it until someone comes up to you and says "hey there killer, where is your GWOT medal? You know you rate it?"

In theory, every award/ribbon you rate should have some kind of backing paperwork in your record, even if it's just a Pg 13 entry. I found that the admin folks were real good at doing that while I was enlisted, but as an O, you really have to keep on top of it.

Brett

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
In theory, every award/ribbon you rate should have some kind of backing paperwork in your record, even if it's just a Pg 13 entry. I found that the admin folks were real good at doing that while I was enlisted, but as an O, you really have to keep on top of it.

Brett

Marine Online has a section for Awards. According to it I didn't rate the Pizza Stain until about 4 months ago ... I had been on active duty for almost a year and a half ...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marine Online has a section for Awards. According to it I didn't rate the Pizza Stain until about 4 months ago ... I had been on active duty for almost a year and a half ...

The Navy has an analogous website. Bottom line, it's only as good as the people who are updating it. It's up to you to make sure your command sends everything upstream that is required. Coincidentally, I just sent a package to BUPERS today with my missing awards and FITREPs. This will be more important as your career progresses, but nobody is looking out for your career but you - be proactive and you'll excel.

Brett