• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GV Pilot with a sense of humor

Tom

pilot
Contributor
To think that someone paid for over 8 hours of flight time to do that. Screwing around at 3000 feet is fun, but 40000 feet with an autopilot? Nothing quite like 25 degrees bank!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
To think that someone paid for over 8 hours of flight time to do that. Screwing around at 3000 feet is fun, but 40000 feet with an autopilot? Nothing quite like 25 degrees bank!
My understanding is that Gulfstream company pilots were conducting a cold soak flight. The cold soak flight is one of a series of test flights done before the delivery of a jet to it's operator. During this flight they do sound and temperature surveys of the cabin, make sure everything in the cabin and cockpit works properly, conduct SatCom registration, and conduct RVSM certification.

gtg941f

pilot
My understanding is that Gulfstream company pilots were conducting a cold soak flight. The cold soak flight is one of a series of test flights done before the delivery of a jet to it's operator. During this flight they do sound and temperature surveys of the cabin, make sure everything in the cabin and cockpit works properly, conduct SatCom registration, and conduct RVSM certification.

Probably the case. I worked in Gulfstream flight tests and these flights are typical. Usually the pilots just go where they feel. We went on one flight to go see the Mt St Helens while the volcano activity was high a few years ago and also to see Mt Rushmore/Fargo, from KSAV. These are usually pretty fun flights as we get food, overtime pay and the passengers get the entertainment of movies/music in the back!