• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GULF WAR ROUND 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsin

Curious about what the officers think about a possible war against Iraq.

1-yes for it or
2-no against it

Why or why not?

If so:

How do you think the events will unfold? When do you think it'll start? What tactics would be used? How long do you think it'll last? Is the Corps gearing up for it? How so? Or is this something not talked about?

Semper Fi Do or Die GuNg Ho GunG Ho ooH-RaaahHH!!

O-man

of course the corps is gearing up for it. All reserve units just put in an order for tan cammies. not only is training focused that way, but it looks like some one is assuming that were all gonna go. It may be a reapeat of last time, only with us killing the dumb ass this time. I would not know about that (not being an officer and not used to looking past the BN level.) whatever. But of course were all geting ready.

Jafar

Yes, everyone is preparing, fine. That doesn't mean that anything is going to happen. Reservists ordering tan cammies is certainly not an indicator that our nation is going to war. It's an indicator that certain higher level officials, regimental level perhaps, are keeping their units prepared. Has anyone been mobilized? No. If it happens it happens and we all go do our thing for a little while. If it doesn't, we spent a bunch of time talking about nothing.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The Corps gears up for EVERYTHING. Two guys have a fist fight in Asscrackistan somewhere and the whole 2nd MEF goes spastic. Living on pins and needles is just part of being a force in readiness, I guess. Until Marines start offloading on a beach, it's all just speculation.

Phrogs phorever

Lt_SNA_USMC

"Two guys having a fist fight in Asscrackistan somewhere and the whole 2nd MEF goes spastic. . ."

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.