• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gulf Coast NHA Fleet Fly-In

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Just wanted to post a thank you to all those who came down to Whiting for the NHA Fleet Fly-in this week. All the visiting crews were very helpful and enthusiastic showing us noobie studs the ropes of the fleet aircraft. Where else could a student get a chance to fly around in a fleet aircraft and get good hands-on exposure to fleet communities? It was a very enlightening experience.

It's good to see first-hand that there is no wrong-way to go for Naval Aviation. Every community has a lot going for it. It might even be harder to pick a community come winging-time now. There's so much to learn, and so much awesome to go around. A ride in a Sierra definitely helps put into perspective why we're working so hard in flight school!

Thanks to all who came out. I know we all really appreciate everything the crews and officials who came out to make it possible. It was an enlightening two days... definitely motivating!

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I want to echo Revan's sentiment here. I had a great time today, getting to hop in to the 60-R and actually fly the aircraft. . . if even for a few minutes. A special thanks to the pilots and crew from HSM 40, you guys were great.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I'm stuck in ground school and didn't get a chance to make it over to the flight line...BUT, it did make my heart soar to see that old 60S spinning on the flight line yesterday. What a cool helicopter...

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Did you guys get any Osprey love this year? We were gonna try to make it but had other frags to cater to.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
There was an Osprey there. . .Static only. I know there were a lot of disappointed Marines that wanted to try it out. Still, it was pretty awesome to see in person. That was the first time I had ever been that close to one.