• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground to Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

theduke

He made it sound like an effortless thing- who knows if that's true or not

that's what an OSO told me to get me to switch from ground to NFO while waiting to get my eyes fixed with PRK. now that i'm fully qualified for SNA, they won't switch me b/c they want me to stay SNFO. i've never had any interest in being an NFO--an OSO told me that it would be good to get my foot in the aviation pipeline...that it would facilitate a switch to pilot.

theduke

I'm in Alpha Company. TBS doesn't give a damn...it's an HQMC thing. the Company Commander (Major Foley...Harrier driver by trade) actually made a few phone calls trying to get me switched, and he said that they just wouldn't have it.

reapergm

Man, sorry to hear that. That sucks. One of my buddies is trying to do the same. He was told the same by his OSO as well. He had PRK and was told he would be able to switch over. Man, I love 96ers by the way!!! (And dont drink and drive anyone, or get in a car with anyone who has had something to drink.)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
you could always meet the requirements and just select an aviation MOS if your company has any available. that's what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.