• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ground to Air @ TBS?

phishsig

I picked one up at TBS, they took your TBS ranking Top Guy picked what he wanted and so on...usually theres one or two spots..Top Guy usually gets the SNA and the second gets SNFO...It's usually guys in the Top Tier of there TBS class, so if you bust your butt you'll get it...as for switching in PCOLA, it's really slim...depending on how many med down and switch to Fo while your in the pool...could be one person could be two but if your the fifth Fo on the list at the Pool it won't happen....durring API they say if your in the Top 10 percent you can switch....but....as a Marine the only person that can switch you is HQMC so that rumor isn't true for Marine SNFO as for Primary...couldn't tell ya yet

Err

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Thull, wouldn't you still need to be granted an age waiver if you were the top guy in the class at TBS? I am just curious how that would work out, since you were denied your age waiver already and I doubt that they would waive the age waiver requirement based on your TBS performance. I have no info on this...mostly just asking out of curiousity. You probably don't have that info either so maybe someone who has been there can answer that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thull, wouldn't you still need to be granted an age waiver if you were the top guy in the class at TBS? I am just curious how that would work out, since you were denied your age waiver already and I doubt that they would waive the age waiver requirement based on your TBS performance. I have no info on this...mostly just asking out of curiousity. You probably don't have that info either so maybe someone who has been there can answer that.

I'll sleep easier tonight with the knowledges that if Thull does, by some miracle, make it into the Marines, it will be as a grunt or other such MOS that I'll never, ever have to deal with in the course of my official duties.

Brett

thull

Yes, I'd need to get an age waiver still, but due to the new set of circumstances and how well everything goes, I think it's a more open possibility at that point. Might not be.

I'll sleep easier tonight with the knowledges that if Thull does, by some miracle, make it into the Marines, it will be as a grunt or other such MOS that I'll never, ever have to deal with in the course of my official duties.

Brett

it is a funny thought. Don't rule it out..:D

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Yes, I'd need to get an age waiver still, but due to the new set of circumstances and how well everything goes, I think it's a more open possibility at that point. Might not be.

Your talking about them waiving the waiver requirements based on your performance at TBS or are you planning on getting younger? I don't think there is a chance in hell of them changing their mind on the age waiver because you turn out to be a TBS stud...assuming of course TBS goes well for you, I know many who thought the same and were at the trail of the Company.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Your talking about them waiving the waiver requirements based on your performance at TBS or are you planning on getting younger? I don't think there is a chance in hell of them changing their mind on the age waiver because you turn out to be a TBS stud...assuming of course TBS goes well for you, I know many who thought the same and were at the trail of the Company.

That was kinda what I was getting at. Ric made it sound like TBS performance was going to make them change their mind about the age waiver, and I was just curious why that would be?

thull

That was kinda what I was getting at. Ric made it sound like TBS performance was going to make them change their mind about the age waiver, and I was just curious why that would be?

well, say you rock at TBS and you're solid. not even #1, but top 10%. Then they got 2 or three pilot slots, and it's free game. Then after all is said and done, you are one of a few who qualify, you have experience flying airplanes, you have a higher pft and ASTB than anyone else, you are physically qualified to fly, you are well respected, you've shown yourself to be an "Officer and Marine" first, and the only up anyone has on you is that they are at least a year younger? I don't know, but sounds like at that point they might at least consider an age waiver. Otherwise, I'll be happy to go ground, I'm itchin to get my hands dirty anyway.. :)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
well, say you rock at TBS and you're solid. not even #1, but top 10%. Then they got 2 or three pilot slots, and it's free game. Then after all is said and done, you are one of a few who qualify, you have experience flying airplanes, you have a higher pft and ASTB than anyone else, you are physically qualified to fly, you are well respected, you've shown yourself to be an "Officer and Marine" first, and the only up anyone has on you is that they are at least a year younger? I don't know, but sounds like at that point they might at least consider an age waiver. Otherwise, I'll be happy to go ground, I'm itchin to get my hands dirty anyway.. :)

Ok, even assuming all that...they already turned down the waiver once (unless I am misunderstanding the situation) and its not a matter of being more competitive than the other Lts, if they turned down the age waiver then in their eyes you are NOT qualified...simple as that...still heres hoping it comes out ok for you...

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I'll tell you right now it won't happen (and I'm probably one of the most positive thinkers here). I saw two prior guys in the same boat get turned down solely due to their age ........ and trust me .... there 's no way that in the short time you have at TBS you could become a better Marine than they became through their accomplishments as enlisted Marines. Not saying it to be rude .. they just had more time and opportunities as enslisted to shape themselves.

One,

-Spin

thull

Well, I guess I can always try anyway, ay? I appreciate the realistic answers though.

snake020

Contributor
Can anyone that's been to TBS recently give an update about how many SNA/SNFO slots come down while there? After talking to the Marines this morning, they said they will not give an air contract for interservice transfer and I would have to compete at TBS... if it's a huge gamble it may be worth waiting until next fiscal year to apply to the Navy again.