• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great Forum on the Academies/ROTC

CollegeHero

https://www.usna.com/Page.aspx?pid=484
From what they told me every year about 200 applications are recommended from the admission board to the Foundation, as people they would like to see at the Academy in the future (well qualified, but not good enough). From there 50 applications are chosen to be sponsored by the Foundation and are placed in 16 different preparatory schools all over the country (military and civilian). Not sure how they decide you follow this route or NAPS, but the Foundation program has a 95% success rate. I have two friends who went through the same thing for USAFA (Falcon Foundation) last year and they thought it was worth the extra year.

MasterBates

HAL needs to drunk post more.

i-dont-always-get-drunk-but-when-i-do-i-troll-forums.jpg

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
I did apply to USNA this year and did not get in. Fortunately I managed to get accepted into the Naval Academy Foundation's Preparatory School Program. I'll be at New Mexico Military Institute for the 2012-2013 school year and am hoping to be a part of the class of 2017.
Nicely done! Of my 4 Academy roommates, 2 were Foundation guys, one was a NAPSter, and the 4th went to NMMI on his own for a prep year to get ready. Somehow, all 5 of us graduated despite our best attempts to drink and screw our way back to civilian life. More incredibly, all 5 got winged (3 pilots/2 NFOs). Bottom line, NMMI can help get you there, but you'll have to stay in the books and keep your eyes on the prize (ie wings in 2018).

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
As an NROTC guy, not offended as NROTC was lame. But, got to drink and hang around chicks in college, it's a balance :)